Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSU's RGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
PSU
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Did a 52 mile ride today and installed Great Bike Gear hand shields and a Paul Yaffe heel shifter eliminator.

98 more miles!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 PM
SomeOld Biker
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts

Congrats on your new bike and good job racking up the miles!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Lookin' awesome man !

Old 11-20-2017, 07:17 PM
PSU
Road Master

Nice easy install on the siren. Quick shipping and a good product. Doesn’t seem loud enough though.

I included a picture because the location on the 2017 was different than the eBay pictures.

The girlfriend went out of her way to get me a sweet new hat and surprised me after my ride.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:41 PM
PSU
Road Master

Originally Posted by SomeOld Biker
Congrats on your new bike and good job racking up the miles!
Thank you, sir!

Originally Posted by badcooky
Lookin' awesome man !
Appreciate it, sir!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 PM
PSU
Road Master

Rode in to work today to help me get to 10k. After the ride at 32°, I decided that I’m ordering lowers.

Finally! After 5 months and 1 day:

Jumped right into the 10k service. The drain plug from the primary was covered with metal shavings. I also did the transmission even though it doesn’t call for it at 10k. Drain plug had metal shavings but not as bad as the primary. The breather tubes were pretty nasty as well.

Currently at 10,020 miles after the service. It rides and shifts super smoothly. I have to clean the bike up soon. It’s amazing how nasty it gets under the bags and below the seat.

And this arrived... now I’m just waiting on the rest of the heated gear so I’ll be ready to rock and roll.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:14 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Very interesting thread and an incredible effort with everything you have done. Pretty confused though... One of the first things that jumped out at me were the banana boards. Was gonna question at what point were you going to ditch the heel shift lever to maximize the room. I have them on my Road King and would love to get them on the new bike. But then you swapped them out!!! What on earth did you do that for? All things aside, I venture to say that there may well be CVO owners that are just a bit envious of your bike. Other than the boards (IMO) a most excellent job!!!

Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,475 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Very interesting thread and an incredible effort with everything you have done. Pretty confused though... One of the first things that jumped out at me were the banana boards. Was gonna question at what point were you going to ditch the heel shift lever to maximize the room. I have them on my Road King and would love to get them on the new bike. But then you swapped them out!!! What on earth did you do that for? All things aside, I venture to say that there may well be CVO owners that are just a bit envious of your bike. Other than the boards (IMO) a most excellent job!!!
I'm confused too. Didn't he say above that he eliminated the heel shifter?

Did a 52 mile ride today and installed Great Bike Gear hand shields and a Paul Yaffe heel shifter eliminator.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:39 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Ahah!!! I think (?) I noticed something you do not have. And trust me, that is hard to do LOL. Finned head bolt covers. Very nicely compliment the spark plug area giving the left side of the motor a complete look. I have had them on a couple bikes and like the look so thought I would pass the idea along. I just really like what you have going on there.

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 11-22-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:12 PM
PSU
Road Master

Appreciate it man! And you're very observant! I ended up ditching them for two reasons; 1) I wanted something simple and stock and 2) I'm ordered lowers so the banana boards were a no go.

Ahah!!! I think (?) I noticed something you do not have. And trust me, that is hard to do LOL. Finned head bolt covers. Very nicely compliment the spark plug area giving the left side of the motor a complete look. I have had them on a couple bikes and like the look so thought I would pass the idea along. I just really like what you have going on there.
Very observant again. Hahaha.

Do you have any you recommend? Or just Harley ones?

Quick Reply: PSU's RGS