Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat issue for passenger

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:49 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

What passenger pegs are you running? I put Passenger" boards" on my RG, they mount farther out than the original skimpy little pegs, plus they cover the underside of her foot. I get no complaints at all from my wife.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:39 PM
MovedtoSyracuse
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
What passenger pegs are you running? I put Passenger" boards" on my RG, they mount farther out than the original skimpy little pegs, plus they cover the underside of her foot. I get no complaints at all from my wife.
I replaced the pegs with boards also. They definitely stick out a bit farther.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Phalanx06
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a '17 RGU and same issue, right side passenger footboard heats up considerably when ambient temps are mid 80's. All this despite doing the stage I with the SE high flow filter, street tuner, and SE cannons. I'm giving serious thought to going cat-less.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:08 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

It's the cat in the head pipe. Wife was complaining about it this week end. And it is bad. If I'm riding by myself with the foot boards folded up i can set the CC at say 70 mph going down the hwy and create a triangle with my arm and side of my body and the heat off the cat will flow up and through my arm and along my right side.

I've got to decat mine soon. No engine warranty so I need to get this done.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Does your bike have floorboards for the passenger? Putting on floorboards may help a lot with felt heat. Also the passenger pegs are adjustable so maybe moving up some may help if she has shorter legs. I installed the cool flow fan and it has helped a lot with the heat to the point she hasn't complained yet.

I am on the fence of drilling out my cat. Just have a fear that it will sound like poo with my Street Cannons.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

I believe the cool flow fan works well, moving your floor boards is good idea worked well for me. Not going to play around with anything that may void my warranty. Motor is to new need to give it more time for the good upgrades to come out.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Does your bike have floorboards for the passenger? Putting on floorboards may help a lot with felt heat. Also the passenger pegs are adjustable so maybe moving up some may help if she has shorter legs. I installed the cool flow fan and it has helped a lot with the heat to the point she hasn't complained yet.

I am on the fence of drilling out my cat. Just have a fear that it will sound like poo with my Street Cannons.
It will, trust me on that. A good friend just took some SE cannons of because of that. But if you have the stock SE mufflers you can change the baffles with Fulsak baffles and your good to go.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:28 AM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

remove the cat.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:36 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
It will, trust me on that. A good friend just took some SE cannons of because of that. But if you have the stock SE mufflers you can change the baffles with Fulsak baffles and your good to go.
Thanks for heads up. I have a fear because when I got my 15 UC the first thing I did was drill the cat and drill the muffler. That was the worst sounding exhaust I ever heard!

Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Thanks for heads up. I have a fear because when I got my 15 UC the first thing I did was drill the cat and drill the muffler. That was the worst sounding exhaust I ever heard!
I don't hear the exhaust note on my King when I ride it. Need to get a buddy to ride it so I can hear it go by.

Quick Reply: Heat issue for passenger