Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

milwaukee 8 exhaust not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I've been through this same struggle. The Rineharts sounded good, but I was just used to the CFR sound. By the way I have a basically brand new set of Rineharts for sale if anyone is interested. Put them on a ran them maybe 50 miles.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 AM
bigsteve113
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed Vance & Hines Twin Slash 4" Rounds on my '17 UC. "Louder" and deeper tone, but certainly not loud by my standards. Since I bought this bike for touring the sound is OK with me. I kept my '07 Road King for when I want to be obnoxious !!!

Old 07-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Nuke_Disaster
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I'd definitely think twice..aftermarket tuner is a no brainer for voiding warranty..but catless head pipes circumvent EPA compliance which is what this is all about..won't surprise me in the least if warranties claims are denied for engines with non EPA compliant exhaust..and why would anyone use the SEPST with catless exhaust anyway...
This is what I'm hearing, too.

I had the FP3 on my Dyna before I traded it in on my SGS. I got used to running the dashboard iphone app that showed all the stats (tmp,speed,rpm,spark,etc,etc), and also liked it for checking/clearing trouble codes.

Would the warranty still be voided if the FP3 was installed, but no maps were actually installed? Ie, just use it for monitoring and checking codes? I'm considering getting another one and not updating the maps until the warranty runs out.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:46 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,516 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke_Disaster
Would the warranty still be voided if the FP3 was installed, but no maps were actually installed? Ie, just use it for monitoring and checking codes? I'm considering getting another one and not updating the maps until the warranty runs out.
no idea, might be a gray area, might be black & white to the MOCO..they could certainly hassle you about it

Old 07-10-2017, 12:25 PM
HDMIKETN64
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Having just bought a 2017 CVO Limited, I would not even leave the dealership until the stock mufflers were removed. It was ridiculously quiet. I went with the CFR slip ons. While I prefer a bike with more rumble, I am still unsure what I'm going to do with the exhaust system. I like the deep sound of the slip ons, but it is still a bit too quiet for me. Perhaps they will open up a bit after a couple thousand miles....

Old 07-10-2017, 02:26 PM
punisher911
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of volume with the M8 motor. I have added the TAB Performance 4.5 BAMF sticks with the "loud enough to wake the dead" Zombie baffles. The tone was decent, but not even remotely loud. An improvement over stock yes, but not even close to loud. Ended up removing the baffles to increase the volume. Again, a slight improvement. Still nowhere near loud. My 2010 Dyna puts it to shame. Was hoping that replacing the headpipes and losing the cats would cure my volume desires... but the research I have found say that even doing that is a minor increase in volume over the stock cat-filled headpipes..... So I don't know what to do now. I do love the bike. The looks. The comfort. It just does not have the Harley sound that I've grown to love since getting my 1200 Custom and then 96" Dyna years ago.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,201 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRKS
all I'm saying is I've been hearing the same song and dance for five years and longer, .
You can forget everything you heard or knew before the 2017model year.

Fact number one; it has been and is against the law to modify any part of the emission system of a car truck or bike PERIOD! This includes exhaust, CPU or Tuner, air intake, sensors, or 100 other parts. It has been this way for 40 years.

Fact number 2; starting with the 2017 model year because of the settlement with the EPA It was mandated that any bike brought in for warranty work that had any part of the emission system modified..this includes after market non EPA approved engine parts...IE after market Cams, Exhaust Tuners air any other part that has not been EPA certified..Harley MUST cancel the warranty

Your local dealer may or may not be abiding by this....BUT if you have work done at your local dealer that voids the warranty but they say they will take care of any issues...you would be **** out of luck if you were on a roadtrip and needed warranty work

Old 07-10-2017, 03:04 PM
JoshatSamson
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see if I can help here. Samson Exhaust makes slip ons and full systems for the Milwaukee 8 motors, guaranteed to bring that rumble up! Here's a one use coupon code for 25% off to whoever claims it!

"SlickDaddyClub"

Use that code over the phone or at checkout!

Everything we offer is in stock and can ship today!!

https://www.samsonusa.com/

605-720-7544

Last edited by JoshatSamson; 07-10-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,201 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshatSamson
Lets see if I can help here. Samson Exhaust makes slip ons and full systems for the Milwaukee 8 motors, guaranteed to bring that rumble up! Here's a one use coupon code for 25% off to whoever claims it!

"SlickDaddyClub"

Use that code over the phone or at checkout!

Everything we offer is in stock and can ship today!!

https://www.samsonusa.com/

605-720-7544
I just looked at what you have on your site for the M8 but I don't see under that description that the pipes are EPA certified..are they? Or are they for "Off Road Use Only"?

Old 07-10-2017, 03:23 PM
JoshatSamson
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scudda
I just looked at what you have on your site for the M8 but I don't see under that description that the pipes are EPA certified..are they? Or are they for "Off Road Use Only"?
There is not a catalytic converter in our head pipes. Our muffler options for the stock head pipes do not require the removal of, or interfere with, the stock catalytic converter.

Quick Reply: milwaukee 8 exhaust not loud enough