Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Hi-Flow air cleaner, 4.5 Street Cannons, & Pro Street Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

So the $1200 got the stage one breather, tuner and labor? Plus slip ons?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:17 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
you may like it so much you forego the Stage II..that's where I'm at with the identical configuration you have
what does it sound like? the HP numbers are pretty low and the torque is less than the advertised torque on a new stock set up? was that at Latus?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,523 Likes on 4,424 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
what does it sound like? the HP numbers are pretty low and the torque is less than the advertised torque on a new stock set up? was that at Latus?
yes, Latus...it runs and sounds purrfect..those numbers are rear wheel not crank advertised..that red line is the SEPST Stage 1 ECM calibration..blue is what tuning it on a dyno yielded over that..don't get caught up in numbers like so many anyway..all that matters is how your bike runs and does it perform to your satisfaction...for me it's a resounding HELL Yeah!!

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (08-09-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 05:35 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

yes, Latus...it runs and sounds purrfect..those numbers are rear wheel not crank advertised..that red line is the Stage 1 with ECM SEPST calibration..blue is what tuning it on a dyno yielded over that..don't get caught up in numbers like so many anyway..all that matters is how your bike runs and does it perform to your satisfaction...for me it's a resounding HELL Yeah!!
yea i get that,,, i road my m8 for a week then road my RK 103 ho trad in back to paradise...very noticeable difference in power... but i wanna get some sound, ive done a little research and think ill go with TAB slip ons with zombie baffle....if i need more the head pipe will be next

Old 07-25-2017, 05:44 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
yea i get that,,, i road my m8 for a week then road my RK 103 ho trad in back to paradise...very noticeable difference in power... but i wanna get some sound, ive done a little research and think ill go with TAB slip ons with zombie baffle....if i need more the head pipe will be next
to be honest, the Canons look and perform great with the parts and tune (better everywhere over stock) and sound ok, but I wish I would have put Supertrapp Kerker Slash or Stouts on before the dyno tune

Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

to be honest, the Canons look and perform great with the parts and tune (better everywhere over stock) and sound ok, but I wish I would have put Supertrapp Kerker Slash or Stouts on before the dyno tune

I would lose those cannons quick fast and in a hurry for the stouts, my buddy has them on his M8 with decatted stock head pipe and it sounds awesome!

The following 2 users liked this post by Quik:
INJEKTER (07-26-2017), mjwebb (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 07:26 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Quik
I would lose those cannons quick fast and in a hurry for the stouts, my buddy has them on his M8 with decatted stock head pipe and it sounds awesome!
been seriously considering it..even called SuperTrapp to talk about differences in flow between the two..tech guy thinks they wouldn't alter my current tune enough to matter..I just don't want to drop $750 and have decel popping or something that requires me to go back to the dyno room...at that point might as well get the ST headers and aftermarket tuner but can't justify going that $$$$ route and still have another year on my factory warranty....I may just try the Stouts, if they work then sell the Cannons, if they don't then sell the Stouts..bike is in for tires so when i pick it up I'll discuss this with our Service Manager

Last edited by mjwebb; 07-25-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:54 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Macrunner
Ok I have to disagree with you on this one. It ISN'T what it is. HD even more so this year is taking advantage of the EPA agreement forcing customers to buy their SE kits. They made an early example of Pyshack, an example that is know around the world. And before you say they were forced... don't think HD's lawyers weren't excited when they made the deal of voiding warranties for failure to comply. As the previous poster stated, it's a racket.
Macrunner

The day I got shafted they got a guy with a brand new Limited that shot the oil pump for what ever reason. I was going to take my bike home in boxs then the dealer stepped up. But the other guy told them to keep there junk. He financed his bike. Brought the contract and title back and told them to sue him as he rode off on his old Yamaha Roadliner that eats Vrods for dinner.

And I maybe over looking it in the filings with our corrupt government. SEC filings and such. But I haven't seen where HD has written a check yet. And they got part of the so called fine dropped under the Trump administration. So the game is going to play out much like you stated. OK epa we at hd will suck you off and play poor poor us. And only sanction our over priced junk parts and give you voided warranty's because we build a lot of junk we have to warranty because we know our junk is only average to below average in reliability anyway. So we save money fixing our junk and covering up our lies. Because we turned minuets into hours on our development claims concerning the M8. So we suck you off and you suck us off and the customer is the pivot man. In four years we owe you nothing right??? RIGHT,,, ie the consent degree. RIGHT!!!!

Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by psyshack
Macrunner

The day I got shafted they got a guy with a brand new Limited that shot the oil pump for what ever reason. I was going to take my bike home in boxs then the dealer stepped up. But the other guy told them to keep there junk. He financed his bike. Brought the contract and title back and told them to sue him as he rode off on his old Yamaha Roadliner that eats Vrods for dinner.

And I maybe over looking it in the filings with our corrupt government. SEC filings and such. But I haven't seen where HD has written a check yet. And they got part of the so called fine dropped under the Trump administration. So the game is going to play out much like you stated. OK epa we at hd will suck you off and play poor poor us. And only sanction our over priced junk parts and give you voided warranty's because we build a lot of junk we have to warranty because we know our junk is only average to below average in reliability anyway. So we save money fixing our junk and covering up our lies. Because we turned minuets into hours on our development claims concerning the M8. So we suck you off and you suck us off and the customer is the pivot man. In four years we owe you nothing right??? RIGHT,,, ie the consent degree. RIGHT!!!!
ok... it took a day, but i have found a dumber post... great job
for your verbiage... you have zero clue about the EPA and what they can and will do to a company... they are on par with the IRS

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (08-09-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 01:11 PM
2017FLTRXS
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=GliderXXX;16466223]So the $1200 got the stage one breather, tuner and labor? Plus slip one?

$933 stage 1 parts
$305 1k service
$387 labor

Quick Reply: SE Hi-Flow air cleaner, 4.5 Street Cannons, & Pro Street Tuner