Sponsored by:

start of project 7

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 PM
buelldude
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default start of project 7

So I have been waiting to get the break-in miles done before I start anything. My first item was a klock works windshield. The second item was to prep for the detachable tour pak. So the antenna had to be moved, I will be going with the relocate kit from Harley to the batwing (fairing). This is a easy job, few tools and 30 mins of your time. The directions are missing a few items but you can figure out what is going on after you pull the front of the fairing off (7 torx bolts). If your doing an ultra like myself then you have the two extra running lights that will hold up the fairing when you pull the 7 torx bolts, sorry glides will have to pull the light wires off and take the batwing cover completely off. So facing the bike you should find an extra plug in for the power to the antenna and pull the antenna wire. The rest is all in the one pic they give you in the directions. The antenna removal is just a easy twist and it comes off, but you have a stud sticking up that is left. They give you a rubber boot to cover it up, I pulled it out and plugged it. The one pic is of the part that I found at AutoZone.
DO NOT TRY TO UNSCREW THE STUD, it doesn't come out unless you unscrew the connection that the wire went to inside the pak. So take the antenna wire off, take another nut that will go on to the big connection that the wire went on and lock them together. tighten the nuts so they next to each other and then unscrew the complete stud that the wire went on, when that pulls out into the pak then you can pull the antenna stud up and out of the outside of the tour pak. Put in the plug and your done!!!!!

If you have any questions reply to the post or pm me. Its easy

Tour pak is next

Attached Thumbnails start of project 7-imag0006.jpg   start of project 7-imag0010.jpg   start of project 7-imag0013.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
prowler58 (08-13-2017)