Sponsored by:

So what's coming up for 2019

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 11:16 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
Every time I herd cant be that's the time to prove someone wrong.
but I look at it like this why spend 1800 on one when you can buy a sony that does same **** for 500 that is faster and has apple and android car play
and again this one does not have XM and that will add 400 more aftermarket comes with it
On the Sony is there a way to monitor oil,air and the engine temp system? It sounds like a great alternative but I like being able to monitor those systems.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 AM
ActAppalled
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G'day
I am sure that is what HD is thinking some people will do - upgrade to a new bike. HOWEVER, is it a good time to upgrade now? Potentially, a new mono-shock frame (hopefully with revised fairing design + motorised windshield) around the corner? We have to decide that for ourselves. But for me, a new Boom Box is not-even-close to enticing me on 2019 model SG/RG/Ultra. I suspect that the Boom Box GTS was selected for the new fairing bikes, but the redesign and manufacturing took longer than anticipated (maybe all the engineers were working on fixing M8 issues! ). Easy, interim solution is to make a new facia for the GTS and fit them on 2019 SG/RG/Ultra together with whatever other hardware is required behind the fairing.

Next year for 2020 models, Harley will hopefully release a revised mono-shock fairing with adjustable windshield and now familiar GTS Boom Box! Looks like I will get to save up for another year!! At this rate, I might be able to buy a Street Glide CVO.
I'd be upgrading from a 2011 Victory Vision, though. It's not like I'm trading in a '17 touring bike. I'm also not really willing to wait until next year. Anything is going to be a pretty big improvement. Although, I must say I'm spoiled by the power windshield and it will be missed. It's really going to come down to what kind of deals I get offered on a leftover.

Last edited by ActAppalled; 08-23-2018 at 11:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
G'day (09-01-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 09:20 AM
hammer6315
HDF Community Team
Received 192 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
when you own a Harley, you are making multiple statements.. 1) you like to ride 2) you take pride in American heritage and are willing to pay more to show it. 3) you're now part of a community, some would even say a family

Gotta disagree with #1. There's too many garage queens with less than 5K miles on them. Those owners didn't like to ride, they liked to brag. "Look at my shiny Harley! I'm a real biker now!" My WG3 was 14 years old when I bought it, had 3200 miles on it, and every bit of chrome from the HD catalogue. Previous owner was a poster boy for today's biker.
I like that situation! A guy w/o a lot of bucks can but a garage queen for a reasonable price.