Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what's coming up for 2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Billyhog
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

2019 MY will be more consolidation of the new Softails, watch to see a new Wide Glide and some S 114 Street Bob and or Low Rider new models. Touring will continue to be updated of the touring line up with 114 engines available on all models.
New Sportster will come for 2020 MY with a a new frame and smaller M8 1200cc and 883cc version engines. Expect to see Iron, 48, Superlow and Custom versions first. With more to follow later.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:40 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts

delete

Last edited by FatBob2018; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Rad10
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

They should take a lesson from Indian Motocycle on the infotainment... Comparatively, Harley should still have a cassette deck....

Old 05-08-2018, 04:53 PM
G'day
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicky
They should take a lesson from Indian Motocycle on the infotainment...
Agreed Dicky. A larger, high resolution Infotainment that boots up quicker would be expected. The phone holder on the right with USB is so small, it can’t hold my 2 year old iPhone (regular size, not the Plus) with cord attached. I just hope MoCo doesn’t make the dash look as ugly as the Indian dash. So a new dash seems to be a must.

In addition, an adjustable windshield and tire pressure monitoring should be fitted to touring bikes. Which may mean a revised fairing design to accommodate the mechanism. Good time to refresh the fairing design or even introduce a new fairing.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:07 PM
G'day
Cruiser

Originally Posted by psyshack
I've ridden three new Wings. ...Got back on my Road King and it was like going from a Lincoln to a Model A. Next bagger will be the striped Wing with a back rest for the wife.
I guess Harley was concerned about alienating baby boomers, they stuck with the same formula for too long.

Aside from American tourers (ie. Harley, Indian & Victory), I cannot think of any brands that we have to spend $25K plus and buy the bike and have to spend thousands to fit Stage 2, 3 or 4 to make the engine breath properly and make them perform better. And after all that money and effort, factory stock Japanese, German or Italian tourer out performs them. Not just in terms of engine performance but in suspension too.

Having said that, I am still eager to pick up a Milwaukee Eight Street Glide once the engine issues are sorted. Not everyone can afford to upgrade bikes every 2 or 3 years so I will be waiting until the touring range has been significantly updated like the Softail range. Not just the 114ci engines.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by aarondeere
Lol......someone had to be the first to ask.
New for 2019?

More of the same, in Vivid Black; with skulls. Thankfully, this will allow HD to focus on engineering and production quality control as they have in the last couple years.........

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 05-09-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by G'day
have to spend thousands to fit Stage 2, 3 or 4 to make the engine breath properly and make them perform better.
we don't "have to" doing anything to them, plenty of folks ride them stock and love them..that being said it would be nice of they at least came stock with Stage 1 increase, after all they tout the 8 valve design as 50% more breathing increase and choke them down too much from the start. but they know they will make the $$$ so can't blame them there.

And after all that money and effort, factory stock Japanese, German or Italian tourer out performs them. Not just in terms of engine performance but in suspension too.
and yet year after year after year Harley curb stomps all of them in sales and customer brand loyalty (would buy again) making the others less relevant in market share..what does that tell us?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:22 AM
G'day
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mjwebb
and yet year after year after year Harley curb stomps all of them in sales and customer brand loyalty (would buy again) making the others less relevant in market share..what does that tell us?
That we are a loyal lot who’ve been supporting the iconic American brand. We have chosen to back the heritage, the symbol of freedom, nostalgic ties to what our fathers and grand fathers rode.

BUT, right behind us are the next generation of buyers who cares very little about what we held dear. They will vote with their wallets. Firstly, they are not interested in buying depreciating assets like bikes and trucks. They are much more interested in life experiences like travelling. So the motorcycle market continues to diminish. The minority of younger people who are buying motorcycles will decide on ‘bang for buck’. For all we know, they might all be buying 250cc scooters for commuting. Who knows?

Let’s hope MoCo gets the new formula right. Market share of HD in 5 or 10 years will tell us if they got it right.

Last edited by G'day; 05-09-2018 at 08:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

That we are a loyal lot who’ve been supporting the iconic American brand. We have chosen to back the heritage, the symbol of freedom, nostalgic ties to what our fathers and grand fathers rode.

BUT, right behind us are the next generation of buyers who cares very little about what we held dear. They will vote with their wallets. Firstly, they are not interested in buying depreciating assets like bikes and trucks. They are much more interested in life experiences like travelling. So the motorcycle market continues to diminish. The minority of younger people who are buying motorcycles will decide on ‘bang for buck’. For all we know, they might all be buying 250cc scooters for commuting. Who knows?

Let’s hope MoCo gets the new formula right. Market share of HD in 5 or 10 years will tell us if they got it right.
My daughter and her BF fit this mold. On the other hand, last night, when I was leaving the sports bar, a couple of young women looked up and got all excited when I fired her up and pulled away. That hasn't happened much in recent years. Maybe the Harley mystique isn't dead yet.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
My daughter and her BF fit this mold. On the other hand, last night, when I was leaving the sports bar, a couple of young women looked up and got all excited when I fired her up and pulled away. That hasn't happened much in recent years. Maybe the Harley mystique isn't dead yet.
yeah, its pretty dead. Most folks dont care for motorcycles, period. I love mine, love my Harley Ultra......... If it were gone, the wife would probably appreciate the extra space in the garage and my neighbors would appreciate the lack of noise.

The following 2 users liked this post by TomcatCV62:
Dan D. (05-09-2018), Tony P (05-09-2018)

Quick Reply: So what's coming up for 2019