Sponsored by:

2018 CVO seat part #?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Why? They didnt do that with earlier years? And why would they only make them available to CVO owners. They already have the seat?
cvo parts are protected by the vin. That's how the moco protects the guy who just spent 40k on a bike. Wouldn't you be pissed if you went to your local bike week and there's Lenny with his rat trap street glide all decked out with cvo badging and parts??? Of course you would be. Any time I've ordered stuff for my cvo I've had to provide a vin which is then crossed checked in the computer for proof of ownership. Pretty sure its always been that way too. And it's not just for painted items.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Is the stitching red? Wondering if it would look good on my Laguna orange.
It's orange, I just ordered one for my Tequila Sunrise Ultra.

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
cvo parts are protected by the vin. That's how the moco protects the guy who just spent 40k on a bike. Wouldn't you be pissed if you went to your local bike week and there's Lenny with his rat trap street glide all decked out with cvo badging and parts??? Of course you would be. Any time I've ordered stuff for my cvo I've had to provide a vin which is then crossed checked in the computer for proof of ownership. Pretty sure its always been that way too. And it's not just for painted items.
That's just not true .............. you can get cvo stuff anytime! I've never had a problem and bought lots of cvo items.

Last edited by Beaux; 09-13-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaux

That's just not true .............. you can get cvo stuff anytime! I've never had a problem and bought lots of cvo items.
My front fender was damaged during shipment and was replaced by selling dealer. I noticed a flaw in it a couple months ago and am working with my dealer to cover it under warranty. My dealer sent pics of it to HD for preapprovel, and it was approved. Dealer order the fender 2 months ago. The 1st one took 3 months to come in, so I never checked on it. Last week the dealer called and relayed an response from HD that said on CVO VIN specific parts (assuming this means paint), only 1 part /yr is allowed. So now I gotta wait until my 12 months is past do to the original fender being already replaced. The one that was damaged in shipment, unloading, setup, whatever. Not my doings though.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:32 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,955 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaux

Depends on the item. Some CVO parts are not vin restricted. Some CVO parts are vin restricted.

Some dealers will order CVO restricted parts for customers with out a CVO using a VIN from one of their CVO customers, which I find upsetting.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Just got my seat, was on backorder for 3 weeks.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:41 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I went in to my dealer to order one for my RGU. I sat on a limited CVO on the floor, and noticed the seat pushed me way too far forward. Very comfortable, but not to my 6'1" frame. I was really bummed. Boxing my stock seat up today and sending it off to Mean City.

So, for those wanting one, I would sit on one before you drop the big bucks.

Last edited by bradn; 10-15-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:29 PM
sandithompson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider backrest??

Originally Posted by NoLimitz
Do they come with rider backrest or offer one? Cant really find too much info on them
I have the same question. Can you get an adjustable removable rider backrest for the stock CVO seat? Not interested in a passenger backrest, just rider/driver. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bradn
I went in to my dealer to order one for my RGU. I sat on a limited CVO on the floor, and noticed the seat pushed me way too far forward. Very comfortable, but not to my 6'1" frame. I was really bummed. Boxing my stock seat up today and sending it off to Mean City.

Interesting.....I found the seat to fit well for me and I'm 6'1" as well. Hope your happier with Mean City than I was. I sent my seat in and while they did what they said, I don't find it to be the cats meow everyone raves about. But, I'm picky as hell about seats and still searching for the one for me.

Originally Posted by sandithompson
I have the same question. Can you get an adjustable removable rider backrest for the stock CVO seat? Not interested in a passenger backrest, just rider/driver. Thanks!
Take a look at CVObackrest.com

Old 10-23-2017, 02:25 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Interesting.....I found the seat to fit well for me and I'm 6'1" as well. Hope your happier with Mean City than I was. I sent my seat in and while they did what they said, I don't find it to be the cats meow everyone raves about. But, I'm picky as hell about seats and still searching for the one for me.

Take a look at CVObackrest.com
So, how are you liking the CVO seat? I love the looks of it.

The following users liked this post:
rideon (10-29-2018)
Old 10-24-2017, 08:56 AM
FLHTK2015
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Question CVO Road Glide Seats

Originally Posted by bradn

Keep in mind that the CVO SG/RG seats for 2018 are much thinner and slimmer than the one that's put on the CVO Limiteds. I dropped major coin on a brand new CVO limited seat for my Ultra Limited about a week ago. I ran into the same thing. The seat pushed me too far forward, and actually sits higher than the stock seat. I'm 5' 10'' with a 32'' inseam- and I now have no bend in my knees when flat footing with the new CVO Limited seat on my Ultra. I'm strongly considering ordering the combo rider/passenger seats for the 2018 CVO Road Glide to put on my limited and going to sell my brand new CVO limited seat. I've only ridden about 150 miles on the new seat and I just can't get used to it. Feels borderline unsafe at stops on uneven ground/inclines/gravel . Can anyone confirm if the CVO Road Glide rider seat will fit on a limited without issue? Also, since it's two pieces, do you NEED to run the passenger pillion to secure the rider's seat? Please advise.

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO seat part #?