Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The warranty issue is real.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:41 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,504 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
would you be willing to pay money to shoot nuke 10mm pistol rounds into my M8 POS?
Hell, my son and I will kill it for you, with .17 HMRs..be like death by paper cuts..and not as much fun as shooting Sage Rats which is about as much fun as you can have with your pants on!

Attached Thumbnails The warranty issue is real.-dsc_3719.jpg  
Old 10-21-2017, 07:48 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
I know you are a slow learner and all, so I'll clue you in on what they did. They put together a marketing campaign to get folks like you to purchase. Engineering may be slow for them, but they are market leaders in marketing. Looks like it worked for them.
I had a really nice 2010 ultra classic, great runner, color was amazing. Went for a ride on my birthday to the dealership that sold the bike to me looking for a pressure gauge. It’s a pain in the *** to get to the valve. Looked at a new bike, went for a test drive, bought it. I didn’t know 2 things about the M8 because I never thought I’d buy one. Well, wife and I did. It’s a really nice bike, no problems for me. If I develope issues with it....... it’s indian time for me. Yes, the roadmaster is a good looking bike. It would be nice if Indian developed liquid cooling as I am a fan, I think it works great. I’m not going to worry about the sky falling just yet though, I’m going to ride.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:26 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
from Alex Bozmoski HD Chief Engineer of the M8:

"Before even thinking about unveiling this engine, it had already been tested over a million road miles, spent over 7000 hours on a dynojet, hours in wind tunnels, and ridden by Harley riders and dealers for real-time feedback."

"The cure was worse than the disease, putting the adjustment in caused you to have more adjustments.” said Bozmoski, “It was the thing that wore the most.” So, once the valve lash is set at the factory, no adjustment will be required for the life of the engine. Bozmoski stresses, ”After one and a half million miles and over 7,000 hours of accelerated dyno durability, you don’t see any of them needing an adjustment. They wear together.”
Total, unadulterated, MoCo BS right there!

Old 10-21-2017, 09:28 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Hell, my son and I will kill it for you, with .17 HMRs..be like death by paper cuts..and not as much fun as shooting Sage Rats which is about as much fun as you can have with your pants on!
Damn harsh, but certainly effective!!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Note:

I would like to keep the Dyno room respectable so if you feel the need to lash out and be disrespectful then do it somewhere else besides HDForums.

Thank you to my fellow Mods for lending a hand while I was away.

-Wiz

Old 10-23-2017, 07:50 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

How about those Dolphins!

Old 11-05-2017, 12:52 PM
mhern08
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear someone else say the same thing I was told when I got my 2017 SG. Dealer told me to get the stage one, pro tuner, breather kit and street cannons. They would not install anything else. So I did. Now I just have to ride it for two years-then I can do what I want.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:35 AM
solutionsville
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toner123
There is one on here that posted in this thread. He was voided for using a fuelpak3
I found out this week my VIN was flagged back in Feb of 2017. No one from the dealership new and no one from the Motor Company informed me that it was flagged.

I installed some D&D Fat Cat exhaust and the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner in late 2015 on my 2016 Model year CVO Limited. My engine started to make a funny noise that did not belong so I take it to the shop, then they are told warranty on the power train was voided because of the Race tuner I purchased thru the dealer.

I have had other bikes with the race tuner on it and they have honored the warranty with any power train issue.

THE MoCo should honor this as it was prior to the EPA decision concerning emissions that Harley lost.

Pretty crappy thing. I have purchased 9 bikes from HD. What happened to Brand Loyalty?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

The word "...may..." in the factory warranty statement in your Owners Manual gives the MoCo the right to do whatever they want. And, for the first time, they're actually starting to do that.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by solutionsville
I found out this week my VIN was flagged back in Feb of 2017. No one from the dealership new and no one from the Motor Company informed me that it was flagged.

I installed some D&D Fat Cat exhaust and the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner in late 2015 on my 2016 Model year CVO Limited. My engine started to make a funny noise that did not belong so I take it to the shop, then they are told warranty on the power train was voided because of the Race tuner I purchased thru the dealer.

I have had other bikes with the race tuner on it and they have honored the warranty with any power train issue.

THE MoCo should honor this as it was prior to the EPA decision concerning emissions that Harley lost.

Pretty crappy thing. I have purchased 9 bikes from HD. What happened to Brand Loyalty?
“ The MoCo should honor this “

Good ****in luck with that .....

If people haven’t caught on now with how this warranty claim bizzo works, theirs no hope for ya.

Ive heard a 1000 million times people removing cats . Using tuners and then when their big plans turn into **** they expect the dealer to take it up the *** for them.

Had my dealer say they could install a set of V&H twin slash for my sporty and a HD tuner and still cover warranty but once mother ship gets wind of the mods I’d be on my own.

The best advice I’ve heard in here is to keep ya bike stock till the warranty runs out OR mod the **** out of it and take ya chance.

But don’t start bitching what the MoCo should do when the problem lies between ya ears.

Wiz 🍻

The following 3 users liked this post by Wizardofaus:
mjwebb (04-12-2019), Scudda (01-24-2020), toddskill (04-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The warranty issue is real.