Sponsored by:

The warranty issue is real.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 04:29 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I have no dog in this hunt but I speak up when I see something that seems unfair and I'm not referring to unfair to me.
Which is why you attacked Steve and tried to blame the aftermarket and remove all your posts via editing to erase any admittance to your bragging about your aftermarket headers and dyno results on your first motor. Yep no dog in that fight.

The aftermarket stuff has always been questionable as far as the warranty goes. Back to my point about the syringes. It boils down to use and acountability for it. You can use a power visiion to monitor various aspect of the motor without downloading a tune that would void your warranty. Why should they have to outline everything for you when you have the info in your owners manual. Your position is why the owners maunual for my chain saw is 90 percent "may cause injury or death". Get over it man and stop attacking those that are trying to develop performance parts for others that know the risks and accept them.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:06 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

I was at a dealer today for an event. My buddy was looking at a m8 street glide and asked if they would do full stage 1 with vance and hines and the salesman said sure. I asked about the warranty and he said "No Problem,we have not voided any warranty on a M8"and when i told him how i have done my research and started talking about the whole warranty void issues from dealers and forums i have talked to or read he started backpedaling. The dealers need to quit lying to people for sales. I have visited 27 dealers this season and talked to evryone from sales to service on this issue and more than half have lied

Old 09-15-2017, 07:13 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Well all this will be moot in the coming years. The EPA's next move is to crack down on the manufacturers of the aftermarket performance parts. So far, California has been going after aftermarket vendors with a vengeance. The EPA has been busy with the big dogs but soon will be switching gears. This is about Job Security. There are only so many vehicle manufacturers to go after before they start hauling parts suppliers into court to look busy and keep their jobs.

If I held stock in aftermarket vendors and performance/tuner shops, I would be thinking it's time to unload. This game is winding down and the pool of suppliers for aftermarket exhaust and tuners etc is lowly going to dwindle and eventually just fold. It's not a matter of if but when this happens. Some will still sell exhausts but it will pretty much be limited to the same performance specs you could get through the vehicle manufacturer, just with cosmetic changes.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
Anyway, I think we can all appreciate good ole Dudley and his beautiful street glide..... he doesn't care about warranties.....
https://youtu.be/kxlnVEsbJoQ
Best sounding bike i have heard yet with a M8. My bike will have the exact same setup soon as warrenty is up and i feel lime my bike is gonna last. If i dont my new twin cam will have this setup. Ha

The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (09-17-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 PM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
I was at a dealer today for an event. My buddy was looking at a m8 street glide and asked if they would do full stage 1 with vance and hines and the salesman said sure. I asked about the warranty and he said "No Problem,we have not voided any warranty on a M8"and when i told him how i have done my research and started talking about the whole warranty void issues from dealers and forums i have talked to or read he started backpedaling. The dealers need to quit lying to people for sales. I have visited 27 dealers this season and talked to evryone from sales to service on this issue and more than half have lied
Yep...

Last edited by hollandhunter; 09-15-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:41 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by hollandhunter
EXACTLY. That is what pisses me off the most about this whole warrenty issue is the dealerships will tell you yea sure we will cover you if you do a after maket stage 1 blah blah blah. But soon as you have a issue the first question service ask is if you have stage 1. An the fact that its not up to them anyway when it comes to major warrenty issues a rep will make the call not them. An they lead yoh to believe different when buying a new bike.
Depends on who you talk to at the dealer. Most dealer sales staff are going to say whatever it takes to sell the bike or product and get the commission. The last thing on their mind is what happens to your warranty after you ride the bike home and they could care less. I would steer clear completely from getting warranty advice from sales staff. Most of the parts guys will be upfront and tell you aftermarket anything related to performance mods is probably going to blow your warranty. Not because they want to keep you out of trouble but mostly because they want to sell the SE parts, even though the statement is mostly true. Service departments probably wont give much leeway if you didn't purchase the bike at that dealer.

Last edited by MiniWolf; 09-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
You're f-ing kidding me, right? Come on... this is why we have to have labels for our labels.

Use your f-ing brain, man! Just a little!

Trust me.... they will all have warning labels soon enough.

Last edited by Heatwave; 09-15-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by todd-67
Which is why you attacked Steve and tried to blame the aftermarket and remove all your posts via editing to erase any admittance to your bragging about your aftermarket headers and dyno results on your first motor. Yep no dog in that fight.

The aftermarket stuff has always been questionable as far as the warranty goes. Back to my point about the syringes. It boils down to use and acountability for it. You can use a power visiion to monitor various aspect of the motor without downloading a tune that would void your warranty. Why should they have to outline everything for you when you have the info in your owners manual. Your position is why the owners maunual for my chain saw is 90 percent "may cause injury or death". Get over it man and stop attacking those that are trying to develop performance parts for others that know the risks and accept them.
Go ahead. Find any post where I attacked anyone. Not going to happen. This is a thread about warranties getting real. I posted how multiple retailers were listing his product (and others) as not for sale in California. Which is absolutely true. Hardly qualifies as an attack unless your have a problem with those retailers complying with California law.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

I'm monitoring this thread.

I see who is rocking the boat. There is no need to report a post.

The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
Well all this will be moot in the coming years. The EPA's next move is to crack down on the manufacturers of the aftermarket performance parts. So far, California has been going after aftermarket vendors with a vengeance. The EPA has been busy with the big dogs but soon will be switching gears. This is about Job Security. There are only so many vehicle manufacturers to go after before they start hauling parts suppliers into court to look busy and keep their jobs.

If I held stock in aftermarket vendors and performance/tuner shops, I would be thinking it's time to unload. This game is winding down and the pool of suppliers for aftermarket exhaust and tuners etc is lowly going to dwindle and eventually just fold. It's not a matter of if but when this happens. Some will still sell exhausts but it will pretty much be limited to the same performance specs you could get through the vehicle manufacturer, just with cosmetic changes.
What he said...

Quick Reply: The warranty issue is real.