Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats, Seats, Seats....none seem to fit.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Corbin solo classic and pillion

Old 09-15-2017, 06:20 AM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Russell daylong for any kind of distance riding. Cvo street glide and pillion for day to day

Old 09-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by RollTideRoadGlide
Well as of now I have tried 5 seats and have ordered a Mustang Wide Tripper that should be here Saturday. I am wanting to stay as close to the stock seating position as possible, could possibly go back or down a tad but not up and forward. If you know any more I should try let me know here are the ones I have tried already. I have also been considering sending the stock one into MCC just dont know if that will bring anymore comfort to the wife.

-Mustang lowdown
-Mustang Sport Touring
-HD reach seat (2008) harley
-HD reach seat current model
-HD Sundowner
I have the Mustang Super Touring # 79556 on my 2017 RGU
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...HTFLTRFLHRFLHX

I have been running Mustang Seats on all my bikes for 15 years or so and for me you can't beat them for all day comfort and they are well made. I have never had an issue with one.

This particular seat on the RGU moves me back a couple inches from the tank as compared to stock without really any sacrifice in the passenger area. I feel it also moved me higher than stock although I cant really say how much, its minimal but I did feel on the first ride that I was sitting slightly higher

The following users liked this post:
RollTideRoadGlide (09-19-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RollTideRoadGlide
Well as of now I have tried 5 seats and have ordered a Mustang Wide Tripper that should be here Saturday. I am wanting to stay as close to the stock seating position as possible, could possibly go back or down a tad but not up and forward. If you know any more I should try let me know here are the ones I have tried already. I have also been considering sending the stock one into MCC just dont know if that will bring anymore comfort to the wife.

-Mustang lowdown
-Mustang Sport Touring
-HD reach seat (2008) harley
-HD reach seat current model
-HD Sundowner
When I traded my 08 ultra, I took my mustang super touring off and put it on my 17 right at the dealer. No problem. Looks like stop but sits me back further and I think a bit lower.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:41 PM
drcollie
Tourer
Received 314 Likes on 88 Posts

Seats are like exhausts, you have to find the one that suits YOU (or your wife). And it gets $$$$ to buy them and re-sell them if they don't work out. One thing you can do is hang out at the HD dealer on a weekend and see what rolls in the parking lot, then strike up a conversation if someone shows up with a seat you are interested in, you should be able to get a test sit on it.

Mustang Wide Tripper looked great on my bike, but it was a torture rack for me. Now I'm on a Corbin Solo and its perfect.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:49 AM
EdsRoadGlide2017
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I just bought a Mustang solo 17" bucket at a bike show. My girl has her own bike so I ride solo 98% of the time. It put me back and down a little. Love the seat but now I need some apes to complete the job. No matter what seat I use the stock bars have me bending over a little and the next morning my upper back is in a spasm. I think 14" apes might do the trick.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Seats are like trying to find a comfortable holster for your gun. Whole lot of trial and error. Only thing seats cost a lot more. Grrrrr

Old 09-19-2017, 02:04 PM
RollTideRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Well the Mustang Wide tripper came in but its was damaged pretty badly. So I had to send it back, but I was able to put it on for a few minutes and it moved me back too far.

Now.... For the next and hopefully final seat it will either be MCC modified stock the only downside is the the down time for my bike, or the HD low profile (CVO style seat) my dealership had a cvo in the other day and I sat on it, the seat seemed to fell really good

Old 09-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

Best thing about a Corbin seat is if your within range of central Calif you can ride your bike there, they will measure your *** and will design your seat while you wait. It's a great aspect to living close to the mfg.

I've had Corbin seats before and they were quality.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:43 PM
RollTideRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That would be nice but I live a few thousand miles from their.

Quick Reply: Seats, Seats, Seats....none seem to fit.