Sponsored by:

MOCO Strikes Again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Moondogger
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Whenever I buy a new bike I demand a service manual included for free. My dealer already knows it will be the last time they ever see my bike unless I'm stopping by to say hello.

I know a few factory wrenches and some aren't worthy of washing a bike let alone working on one. I'll drink with ya, but you ain't touching my bike.
I wish I had the skill and know-how to do all the major services on my bike. Basic maintenance and oil changes I'm good with.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:55 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Hmmmm. I bet the reason they do that is to get people to buy a service manual. And the prices just more than doubled. Or to get people to let the dealership do the install.

Like stated earlier, check out YouTube.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Hmmmm. I bet the reason they do that is to get people to buy a service manual. And the prices just more than doubled. Or to get people to let the dealership do the install.

Like stated earlier, check out YouTube.
Youtube works great for somethings, Revzilla has some good vids. But clowns like Ryan Urlacher (or whatever his name is) with Law abiding bikers or whatever the hell his *** group name is, charges for his videos now.

Buddy of mine desperately needed info on how to install a sound system in his bike, bought one of those videos for about $9.00 bucks, was worthless. That guy's a shady character and his info is about good enough to change a tire and even then i'd be skeptical the info was correct.

Service manual is pretty damn good for these bikes. If you have the tools not much it can't get you through.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:35 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
But clowns like Ryan Urlacher (or whatever his name is) with Law abiding bikers or whatever the hell his *** group name is, charges for his videos now.

Buddy of mine desperately needed info on how to install a sound system in his bike, bought one of those videos for about $9.00 bucks, was worthless. That guy's a shady character and his info is about good enough to change a tire and even then i'd be skeptical the info was correct.
I also don't like the youtube character Ryan Urlacher (LAB or whatever name he has). He's always plugging some stuff he sells on his channel or like you mentioned, selling his videos for money. No thanks.

Last edited by YPD485; 09-18-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:38 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

He's a motor cop.

What he's doing is becoming a pretty standard thing on YouTube. Start with helpful, informative, free videos, and when your audience reaches a certain size, start charging.

I'll never watch him again, though, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:23 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

That's terrible that he wants to be compensated financially for his time and expertise making videos that a normal mechanic or tech guy would charge for. What a scumbag for being entrepreneurial.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:32 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,470 Likes on 1,060 Posts

That's terrible that he wants to be compensated financially for his time and expertise making videos that a normal mechanic or tech guy would charge for. What a scumbag for being entrepreneurial.
I watch some of his free videos, but it sounds like he's saying hardly davidson every time he says that. Gets on my nerves. Lol

Old 09-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Moondogger
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, his videos are a bit cheesy, but I can't fault the guy for trying to make a buck.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 493 Posts

How about FIX MY HOG. What kinda accent is that?.....NJ maybe.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:14 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
How about FIX MY HOG. What kinda accent is that?.....NJ maybe.
Certainly has to be from the New Yawk area.

Quick Reply: MOCO Strikes Again!