Sponsored by:

2018's sumping issue fixed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
I'd venture to say that 99% of all stock 107's don't have a sumping issue. It's the SE stage builds that have it, especially the stage 4.

Welp, here is the mystery.. MoCo puts out a bulletin stating "if" sumping has occurred you put this new oil pump in, and this is for Stage 3 and 4's. They are asking the dealers what is going on and if significant damage, then new engine and Stage kit (which ever the customer had in). They see more of this than we will ever know (or less of what we know). Yet the Stage kits are being still sold, if indeed they thought there was a problem with the stage 3 and 4 kits they would have taken them off the market to stop the onslaught of damaged replacement parts and engine. So they haft to know something, on top of that we still are not hearing from Fuel Moto's 120ci or any other aftermarket performance, that they are having the same issue, or they indeed have no problem. And where are all these big #'s to promote there product?.. we hear nothing zero/zilch.. This not a bash to anyone, it's legitimate question's. I want to go outside the warranty and do it quickly if I knew the aftermarket has this issue solved.. I fear with lack of info from the MoCo I'm headed down the same path with the Stage 4 kit they are about to install that I just destroyed, but yet the stage 4 kit can be bought with no hold back.. I can tell you if every time I sold you a coke can and you got splashed at every sip, I would change the design of the can and immediately take it off the market. I'm moving forward, if they say the stage 4 is not the issue, than either I'm a beta tester, or they know something we are not privy too.