Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Not selling well???

Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Timberwolf2017
Road Captain
Received 251 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by belgianmike
I think the problem is that most of the milwaukee eight engines sold in 2017 blow up after a few thousend miles beqause of bad oilpump

Hmmm, can't spell, I sense a troll.......

Old 02-03-2018, 09:25 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

There's a lot of guys in the Softail forum who don't post here with new bikes.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:24 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I actually made up my mind to give the M 8 a shot last fall. I went to the local dealer and took one out for a test ride. I liked the bike but it didn't feel a lot different than my 14 but did have a broader power range. Once back to the dealership I noticed the new bike had a pretty nasty puddle of oil near the dipstick. The salesman said no biggy and that they had a identical bike in the back. He then rushed me into the business office. After about 10 minutes of dancing I couldn't get a straight answer out of them, not even a out the door price. They just wanted to run my credit and know how much my payment needed to be. I never told them I didn't need to finance. It was such a sleezy experience I just said screw it and left. I've bought 4 new Harleys since 2008 but I think I've bought my last. It's just isn't a good experience now.
Same way from both the dealers in Tulsa when I bought my M8 King. They wanted to screw the hell out of anybody that wanted to buy a bike. I never got a OTD price for King. Cash money, bank check or wire transfer did not interest them. They wanted a sale financed or no deal. I should of walked then and bought a FJR1300. BUT I found a honest HD Dealer in Bartlesville and bought the King for a fare beta tester price. And still bought the FJR. Live and learn...

Old 02-04-2018, 12:32 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberwolf2017
Hmmm, can't spell, I sense a troll.......
Has to be. Right?

Couldn't be because he is Belgian, right.

Maybe you are the "Troll"!

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (02-14-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 06:55 PM
redbeard55
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Steve I picked mine up in July 2018, the ones over in our local store seem to be moving really well. and I must say I'm loving it. just order a Screaming Eagle Street Pro to adjust fuel mix (lean it out some) plan a trip this May up to Deadwood/Rushmore area.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,625 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Originally Posted by redbeard55
Steve I picked mine up in July 2018, the ones over in our local store seem to be moving really well. and I must say I'm loving it. just order a Screaming Eagle Street Pro to adjust fuel mix (lean it out some) plan a trip this May up to Deadwood/Rushmore area.
Why would you want to lean out a fuel mixture that's already set EPA lean from the factory?

The following users liked this post:
PFWiz (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 04:12 AM
Nightsterroadtripper
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I actually made up my mind to give the M 8 a shot last fall. I went to the local dealer and took one out for a test ride. I liked the bike but it didn't feel a lot different than my 14 but did have a broader power range. Once back to the dealership I noticed the new bike had a pretty nasty puddle of oil near the dipstick. The salesman said no biggy and that they had a identical bike in the back. He then rushed me into the business office. After about 10 minutes of dancing I couldn't get a straight answer out of them, not even a out the door price. They just wanted to run my credit and know how much my payment needed to be. I never told them I didn't need to finance. It was such a sleezy experience I just said screw it and left. I've bought 4 new Harleys since 2008 but I think I've bought my last. It's just isn't a good experience now.
Outlaw H-D in blue springs, mo did the same thing. Wanted to run my credit before they even told me pricing on the bikes. They acted like a shady car dealership.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:46 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightsterroadtripper

Outlaw H-D in blue springs, mo did the same thing. Wanted to run my credit before they even told me pricing on the bikes. They acted like a shady car dealership.
the people they are hiring are not motorcycle people they are hiring people from car dealers and running their business accordingly. The harley dealers are getting more shady.imo

Old 02-14-2019, 04:55 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
I have been hanging out in the Softail section, I think the 114 has lured some riders to downsize(I have considered it). The 114 is amazing.

Was there any improvement in the 18 tourers over the 17s? Frame or motor improvement for the 19s?

Maybe people aren't excited over blacked out baggers? I know for myself, blacked out, is played out...
Like that!!! Blacked out is played out!!! Bigtime!
Whatever happened to black a chrome???
Big fan of chromed front forks,vwheels, etc
Maybe new for 2020s

Old 02-14-2019, 05:56 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Maybe sales of the M8 are poor because its a poorly engineered engine design. And future customers are figuring it out as more buyers have issues and share those experiences on the internet. Manufacturers can no longer keep significant design issues a secret from the public. It eventually catches up with them. And right now its catching up with Harley.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Not selling well???