Sponsored by:

What slipons for 2018 RGS and no tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

From TAB:
It is possible to turn the tips in 90-degree increments. That being said with stretch bags if you turn the tip it will be several inches shorter than the end of your bag. If you're looking to bring them out to the end of your bags you would need a tip extension:

https://www.tabperformance.com/4-in-...-extension.htm

The following users liked this post:
tabperformance (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 06:33 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
From TAB:
It is possible to turn the tips in 90-degree increments. That being said with stretch bags if you turn the tip it will be several inches shorter than the end of your bag. If you're looking to bring them out to the end of your bags you would need a tip extension:

https://www.tabperformance.com/4-in-...-extension.htm
Wow, thanks thats good stuff. Glad you posted this. If I get tired of the chrome slash cuts I can change the tips. Wish they would bring out a normal round tip without all the geometric shapes on them. Otherwise, I cant wait to pick up my bike from storage and install these slip ons. I think they will provide the sound Im looking for.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Default Bassani DNT slipons

Got a set of these from a member here, and they sound pretty damn good. Very deep tone, set off the car alarm when I started it up in the droveway.
I think I'll roll with these for a while.
pic...

Last edited by Road Star; 05-23-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:05 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaux
Rush Big Louie's
Big Louie's sound good to me, seems like a good buy @ westendmotorsports with billet end cap choice

Found this sounds good with baffles on orange RG

Old 06-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Well. I sold the Bassani DNTs, and I picked up those TABS on Ebay for $320. Chrome tips but, what the heck.They look ok.
Next step, take out the baffles and see what they look like. These have the 2.5" baffles and they perform as well or better than the stock mufflers. Sound is just a tad bit louder.

Last edited by Road Star; 06-02-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:32 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,785 Likes on 1,670 Posts

I have Fuel Moto’s Jackpot Street Outlaws on my RGU. They sound great when I twist the throttle, albeit kinda quiet. Matter of fact, that’s my only complaint about them is that at idle and low rpm is that they’re too quiet.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
I have Fuel Moto’s Jackpot Street Outlaws on my RGU. They sound great when I twist the throttle, albeit kinda quiet. Matter of fact, that’s my only complaint about them is that at idle and low rpm is that they’re too quiet.
Seems to me, that's just the way the M8 motor is built. Mine is quiet at idle too. Haven't heard one that is loud.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
If they are too quiet did you try removing the tunable inserts from the Street Outlaw mufflers? There are three screws in the back of each muffler, the inserts can be removed/installed in less than a minute.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-04-2018, 11:54 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,470 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Seems to me, that's just the way the M8 motor is built. Mine is quiet at idle too. Haven't heard one that is loud.
To me, they're all too quiet at idle. You really start to get better sound with a good cam/exhaust upgrade. Still even then they wont sound like any other harley engines.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:10 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,122 Likes on 3,504 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
To me, they're all too quiet at idle. You really start to get better sound with a good cam/exhaust upgrade. Still even then they wont sound like any other harley engines.
Idle was the biggest issue for me with the TAB muffs I had. The 2.5 baffles were very good at speed, but too quiet at idle. Replaced the cores with the Zombie "baffles" (it's literally straight pipe), too loud and not enough depth at idle. I should add that these observations were made after I had installed the Rinehart Slimline Duals header as I was trying to chase "the sound". The 2.5 baffles were dismally quiet with the stock header. The cat eats a lot of the sound, and there is hardly any tone from the left muff. Anyway, I now have the Rinehart 4.5" MotoPro muffs and have exactly what I wanted: deep tone at idle, and head-turning tone on the throttle. The baffles use no packing material that I can see, just perforations in the straight-through pipe. Everybody will have their own preference.

The following users liked this post:
teedoff65 (06-04-2018)

Quick Reply: What slipons for 2018 RGS and no tuner?