Sponsored by:

Oil transfer fixed........

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:55 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Thanks man and appreciate it. Very frustrating and makes me quite annoyed that I bought the extended warranty. Wonder how " the fix" will affect the warranty. LOL
If you don’t tell them about it the warranty won’t be affected at all. Unless you have one of the rare transmission failures or a master cylinder/actuator failure, the dealer has no reason to look under the outer side cover. I’m not sure they have to remove it even if they needed to swap the engine due to sumping. Even then, if they did remove the outer side cover, they would have to notice the small hole in the actuator as that is the only outside difference from stock. So could it affect your warranty. If they see it, it could.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:23 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
If you don’t tell them about it the warranty won’t be affected at all. Unless you have one of the rare transmission failures or a master cylinder/actuator failure, the dealer has no reason to look under the outer side cover. I’m not sure they have to remove it even if they needed to swap the engine due to sumping. Even then, if they did remove the outer side cover, they would have to notice the small hole in the actuator as that is the only outside difference from stock. So could it affect your warranty. If they see it, it could.
Thank you for that. Riding now but rain the rest of the weekend so unless I go fishing I may install it soon. Otherwise it is going into the Indy shop the beginning of next month for a number of things added so will get it taken care of then. And again, thanks a ton!!!

Old 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Thanks man and appreciate it. Very frustrating and makes me quite annoyed that I bought the extended warranty. Wonder how " the fix" will affect the warranty. LOL
Don't care.

If I have a problem, I'll pay to have it fixed.

They can blow me................