Sponsored by:

Screaming eagle high flow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
Check out this REPORT LINK we did on M8. Lots of Dyno Charts and other useful information, including info on cooling, fuel mileage, and performance.

Exhaust is such a personal preference as what one person thinks looks/sounds/performs best may be different to the next person. Here's a LINK where you can find some pretty helpful info on exhaust as well as tuners.

We do have an air cleaner that can be used with your stock cover:

This is our Outlaw Hiflow 606 A/C System. It comes with your choice of External Breather System, getting all of that nasty, hot, oily air out of your intake.

Here's a Dyno chart showing results from a 2017 Freewheeler to give you a general idea of what type of power increase you may see with our 606:

Here's a LINK to our Outlaw Hiflow 606 that you can use with your stock cover.

If you decide you want to change covers, here's a LINK to all of our 606 A/C systems with a wide variety of cover choices.

Also, a LINK to a great tuner for your bike. Let me know if you have questions.

Cristy
You mentioned your external breather system. What does installing this do to a 2017 warranty? The only reason I have not done this because it looks to me like the factory could make the case that you were modding the air flow by rerouting the oily mixture to the atmosphere.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcase61
I had a 2017 SGS with stage 4 and the SE high flow exhaust it's pretty quite, there are decibel killers in the tip of the each muffler held in by 3 rivets these can be removed for a louder exhaust if thats what your looking for, as far as heat the cat is in each muffler instead of the header so the heat is further back, can't attest to passenger comfort concerning the heat.

my bike tuned with power vision auto tune without the decibel killers in the muffler's came out at 120HP 114 torque.
Would you have a sound/video clip that you could post of the high flow exhaust without the decibel killers?

Old 12-20-2017, 09:50 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
You mentioned your external breather system. What does installing this do to a 2017 warranty? The only reason I have not done this because it looks to me like the factory could make the case that you were modding the air flow by rerouting the oily mixture (and power robbing oxygen-depleted air) to the atmosphere.
Fixed it for you.

Yes, it is possible that they could. If taking in for engine warranty work, remove it and put it back to stock.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-16-2018, 05:42 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Any latest reviews/opinions on the Screamin' Eagle full exhaust? I'm purchasing a 18' RGS and waffling between Stage I with just street cannon slip-ons or full exhaust. If I go full exhaust I'll probably add the ATM since it has the wide band sensors. Also contemplating stage II torque cam and having the ATM to fine tune things would be nice to have. I know the full exhaust is pricey over just throwing mufflers on, but the crossover pipe sure looks like it would flow a lot better then the stock crossover pipe.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by abadley
Any latest reviews/opinions on the Screamin' Eagle full exhaust? I'm purchasing a 18' RGS and waffling between Stage I with just street cannon slip-ons or full exhaust. If I go full exhaust I'll probably add the ATM since it has the wide band sensors. Also contemplating stage II torque cam and having the ATM to fine tune things would be nice to have. I know the full exhaust is pricey over just throwing mufflers on, but the crossover pipe sure looks like it would flow a lot better then the stock crossover pipe.
If you are going to race your bike on Saturday nights around the local flat track you would probably want to have all the bells, whistles and zoomies you can bolt on. Otherwise, the regular exhaust, Street Tuner, air cleaner and Stage II torque cam would probably suit you fine. Ultimately it is your bike, your money and your wants and desires that dictate what you do to your bike. So, if it makes you happy, why the hell not?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by abadley
My 2018 Road King is a Stage I. Full S.E. exhaust system, with the Street Cannons. Also the SE air intake kit was installed and it uses the stock cover. I had it all done before I took delivery to get the two year warranty. The Cannons are not loud by any means, but have increased in sound since the bike was new. For me its perfect as I can't stand the loud drone on the highway. Its low and throaty. As far as the Stage I goes. Not really worth the money as far as performance goes but I had the cash and pulled the trigger. I have no complaints.

Last edited by Cbyway; 03-16-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:23 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm definitely having the dealer do Stage I before I take delivery. More for looks then performance and of course that stage will be out of the way when I decide to go onto the next stage. Anyways, debating on the SC slip-ons on stock head pipe, AC and SESPT or SE Full Exhaust, AC, SESPT and ATM. I like the idea of having the auto tuning module. Big price difference between the two options but I heard great things about the ATM. Especially if want to go to a Stage II, III or IV down the road. Load the canned map from the SESPT and let the ATM do the fine tuning.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Hardcase61
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Would you have a sound/video clip that you could post of the high flow exhaust without the decibel killers?
sorry for the late reply I didnt see your post.

I am pretty sure they are out in this video

Last edited by Hardcase61; 03-16-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: wrong video
The following users liked this post:
Xcrossbow (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 05:24 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardcase61
sorry for the late reply I didnt see your post.

I am pretty sure they are out in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgUVt-inQQ
whaddup with the exhaust discoloration? better gold than blue but nonetheless...not thinking 'they all do that' is the answer from what I've seen...definite eyesore

Old 03-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Hardcase61
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
whaddup with the exhaust discoloration? better gold than blue but nonetheless...not thinking 'they all do that' is the answer from what I've seen...definite eyesore
I wasn't very happy about that.

before I totaled that bike I went with a D&D billet cat and a dyno tune it ran VERY well

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (03-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Screaming eagle high flow exhaust