Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M/8 valve seat failure.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
If the head leaks pressure from the intake or exhaust port being pressurized to 12 PSI your in deep ****. I have sat here and watched all these posts and cannot believe what's been said. TR from T-man Performance came out and showed a really problem and told everyone to test for it, nothing more nothing less. He also showed how they fix it at his shop. Then a second video trying to show it better because of the BS he was hearing from the internet. If I were him I would just not bother trying to share information out on the internet anymore as these kind of responses really make it hard to want to do it!

The path the air leak shows in his video will leak from the combustion process much faster than the **** ant 12 psi he used for testing!

It's just another problem that the M8 is having, just like the sumping and transmission transfer. Does every bike have it.......... NO, but NO bikes should be doing it!
Now, lets not go overboard here, Steve.
Complaining, whining and sarcasm have went on here for years. It is part of the 'charm' of these forums.

Always some smart aleck, (me included) stating the obvious or refuting it, just because.

I was a member of one forum a few years back that forbade statements like; checking 'blinker oil' and muffler bearings, or on a slick road, gas it......

We just need to 'weed' thru the crap to get to the pertinent info sometimes and let "boys be boys"................

Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 PM
George Bryce
Cruiser
Received 206 Likes on 83 Posts
Default In retrospect

Thank you to all of you that share what you find, learn and share. AND how you fix it. In your opinion. This is a free service folks, embrace it, give thanks for it.
It may be correct, it may be wrong....but it is info we all need to share.
Yes I am guilty on this as well...
I will share what I learn and be respectful of what you share and learn...
This is not a contest of who is right or wrong.
Thank you to those that share.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

on-going problem with the new 4 valves heads. does anyone remember the first of the new bikes that the dealers couldn't sell because they were smoking to bad ? crappy quality control.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,225 Likes on 3,608 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
on-going problem with the new 4 valves heads. does anyone remember the first of the new bikes that the dealers couldn't sell because they were smoking to bad ? crappy quality control.
05 twin cams..