Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Eight 107 cam testing

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:42 PM
shooter45
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Fuel Moto Any chance of some sound clips you can add when you do testing? If you have a pair of Bone Shakers slip ons in the ware house throw those on too

Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter45
Fuel Moto Any chance of some sound clips you can add when you do testing? If you have a pair of Bone Shakers slip ons in the ware house throw those on too
We are not planning on doing any sound clips and unfortunately we will not be testing with different components

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-18-2018, 05:03 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We are not planning on doing any sound clips and unfortunately we will not be testing with different components
can you test different muffler end caps too, I heard they can make a difference!!! LOL

Old 01-18-2018, 05:04 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

It’s going to be interesting when we compare Jamie’s results with Steve Cole’s results. Looking for similarities between the two tests will be paramount in making a decision for us.

If we see similar results on a particular cam between the two, I would venture to say we will get similar results in the field.

Seeing dissimilar results will help confirm that a particular cam could be inconsistent in the field

Last edited by lyork; 01-18-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:08 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts
Thumbs up FuelMoto cam testing

Hells Yes!

Old 01-18-2018, 05:09 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjwebb
can you test different muffler end caps too, I heard they can make a difference!!! LOL
On the street cannons, there is a SIGNIFICANT sound difference between the two piece end caps versus the one piece “blunt” end caps and “defiance” end caps. I’ve had several members and one fellow rider that reached out to me after I mentioned this, wanting to ditch the street cannons because of the warbling sound on closing the throttle that the one piece caps made, it’s terrible. They have ALL switched to the two piece caps and have reported back that the annoying sound went away.

Unfortunately mjwebb, we didn’t dyno before and after results, and although all the owners were very happy with the sound change...none of us noticed a power or torque change.

Last edited by lyork; 01-18-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:20 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork
On the street cannons, there is a SIGNIFICANT sound difference between the two piece end caps versus the one piece “blunt” end caps and “defiance” end caps. I’ve had several members and one fellow rider that reached out to me after I mentioned this, wanting to ditch the street cannons because of the warbling sound on closing the throttle that the one piece caps made, it’s terrible. They have ALL switched to the two piece caps and have reported back that the annoying sound went away.

Unfortunately mjwebb, we didn’t dyno before and after results, and although all the owners were very happy with the sound change...none of us noticed a power or torque change.
well i'll be dipped in dog doo..was being a total smart @$$..i have the Defiance chrome end caps on my Canons and like the look and sound..started with the Black ones but they turned purple so were replaced under warranty..along with a Canon that had the baffle rattling

Old 01-18-2018, 05:27 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjwebb
well i'll be dipped in dog doo..was being a total smart @$$..i have the Defiance chrome end caps on my Canons and like the look and sound..started with the Black ones but they turned purple so were replaced under warranty..along with a Canon that had the baffle rattling
It’s all about what sound you enjoy, I’m not one to judge. Some people have a more discerning taste in sound, others do not, that’s all. I have a chrome set of defiance end caps for sale, cheap.....

Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Then we can decide if the improvement to a non EPA compliant configuration is worth voiding the warranty.
It would kind of make sense to include at least one of the HD cams in such a test ...unless it turns out the 447 is as good a choice as any ...for now anyway?

Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 PM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

This is going to get interesting.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Eight 107 cam testing