Sponsored by:

Street Cannons installed today

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:58 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismogsxr
I really wish Performance Machine would jump on board and make tips for these new Screaming Eagle pipes. Their tips fit the older 4" mufflers. Maybe if enough people showed interest in them, they would.
Surely they will. It doesn't make sense for them not to unless they found the 3.5 and 4" caps to be poor sellers.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:42 AM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,226 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
One thing I don't care for is the decel and even up shift gurgle. It bugs me more than I would have expected but I may get used to it.
Do all SE end caps for M8's produce the gurgle? I was told slash cuts didn't but they do.
I have the Street Cannons on my 17 RGS (no other mods, no Stage, no intake upgrade). One thing I have noticed is that if I give it just a tiny bit of throttle during the decel, the gurgle disappears: not enough throttle to pull, just enough so that there is something to ignite in the chamber,

Old 03-01-2018, 01:14 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

How is all this going ?

Old 03-01-2018, 01:54 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by hairymoth
I have the Street Cannons on my 17 RGS (no other mods, no Stage, no intake upgrade). One thing I have noticed is that if I give it just a tiny bit of throttle during the decel, the gurgle disappears: not enough throttle to pull, just enough so that there is something to ignite in the chamber,
I know what you mean, I was able to do the same on my old Road King when I had the DD Fatcat on it.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:58 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm going off topic with the gurgling but did you notice any loss in low-end torque with the street cannons with no tune compared to stock?

Old 03-01-2018, 12:02 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I have all chrome defiance end caps and don't have any gurgle..........I used to have it on my 13 and loooooooooved it. But I don't have it now. And now that I say that, I bet I'll notice I do have it. lol .....wish I still had that decel sound I used to have tho

Last edited by sfcmo357; 03-01-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:19 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,226 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by abadley
I'm going off topic with the gurgling but did you notice any loss in low-end torque with the street cannons with no tune compared to stock?
No, I didn't notice any loss, but honestly, my seat of the pants dyno's calibration is not very fine: I don't know if I would have unless it was significant. But I don't believe there was any loss.
I've got to say, though, I love the sound. Defiantly not obnoxious. At low RMP I don't think they are any louder, but when I get on it and it is pulling hard, it is just what I wanted, a deeper, slightly louder growl.

Last edited by hairymoth; 03-01-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

No, I didn't notice any loss, but honestly, my seat of the pants dyno's calibration is not very fine: I don't know if I would have unless it was significant. But I don't believe there was any loss.
But, I've got to say, I love the sound. Defiantly not obnoxious. At low RMP I don't think they are any louder, but when I get on it and it is pulling hard, it is just what I wanted, a deeper, slightly louder growl.
Good to hear!

Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Mike Watkins
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey to everyone, newby here. Was just wondering if anyone knew if installing fullsac baffles on 2017 CVO STREET glide in stock mufflers would void warranty, and if not do I need to get a tuner. Thanks in advance for your time

Old 03-01-2018, 09:32 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Watkins
Hey to everyone, newby here. Was just wondering if anyone knew if installing fullsac baffles on 2017 CVO STREET glide in stock mufflers would void warranty, and if not do I need to get a tuner. Thanks in advance for your time
Yep....

Quick Reply: Street Cannons installed today