Street Cannons installed today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:43 PM
DenisLM
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Looks good!

Got a couple nice mountain bikes there too...
With the snow outside the Harley, the MTB and the Charger stay in the garage...

Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

I removed the short tube that is welded in the end of the Street Cannons. Gave it a little more volume, maybe a tad deeper too. Not bad for an hour of work.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:26 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Got a slightly used set with Defiance tips and I noticed a loss of low end torque, and the gurgle. They look nice but I couldn’t stand the sound. Took them off and went back to stock. I love the performance of stock but too quiet. Can’t decide what to do next. Don’t want to spend the cash on stage one when this thing performs so well stock. Is it true that 2-1 voids the warranty? I like the Khrome Werks idea.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:10 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by azgrumbles
Got a slightly used set with Defiance tips and I noticed a loss of low end torque, and the gurgle. They look nice but I couldn’t stand the sound. Took them off and went back to stock. I love the performance of stock but too quiet. Can’t decide what to do next. Don’t want to spend the cash on stage one when this thing performs so well stock. Is it true that 2-1 voids the warranty? I like the Khrome Werks idea.
If you can, try the two piece end caps. No gurgle and loss of power that I can note. They sound wonderful from my perspective and that is compared to the Stock, CVO, and 4" Rineharts I've tried so far.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:54 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 900 Posts

Attachment 618868

The 2-piece caps are outstanding in my opinion. There are louder exhausts of course. I prefer good base rumble over max decibels. I can hear a small bit of 'gurgle' with these, but that's only when I'm about 2 or 3 gears higher than I should be and rpms are way down.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:09 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Has there been a debate over the difference between first and second gen M8 street cannons?

Embarrassing confession, I bought a set of street cannons for cheap on Craigslist because they are mismatched. Right side is gen 1 and left side is gen 2. I wasn’t worried about the looks since you can’t see both sides of the bike at the same time and the end caps match. Only difference I notice is gen 2 has a longer outlet pipe that extends to the outer lip of the end cap mount. Maybe for better sound? I might have a buddy weld a pipe in the other one to match and see what it sounds like.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:48 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

Is your theory that the tips caused a loss of torque?

Also, the stock headpipe is basically a 2 into 1 setup. That left side pipe barely does anything.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:52 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Is your theory that the tips caused a loss of torque?
Good reading-

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/acl/...-and-facts.htm

Old 03-22-2019, 04:52 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

So if I’m reading that right, the tip change did nothing. The baffles are what would effect feeling a difference in power. So if the baffles weren’t changed, it’s just placebo effect that was felt by swapping tips.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:57 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

I didn’t swap tips. I went from stock to street cannons with tips. Stock has baffle. SCs are straight through. Went back to stock and restored low end torque. I felt a major difference.

Quick Reply: Street Cannons installed today