Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   Giving up on waiting (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1218176-giving-up-on-waiting.html)

Kyle Moore 02-21-2018 10:20 PM

Alright, I know I got everyone all wound up about this but i changed my mind. Doing stage 2 or 3 just doesn’t make sense to me when I can just do a cam swap and PV tune and make as much or more as a Harley stage 3 motor. Instead I’m gonna do by 21 inch wheel and chrome front end and just ride the bike. Next winter I’m gonna do the 117 kit from Fuel Moto. I’ll only be giving up a few months of warranty then and only 2 of that will be the riding the season anyway.

mjwebb 02-21-2018 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore (Post 17114340)
Alright, I know I got everyone all wound up about this but i changed my mind. Doing stage 2 or 3 just doesn’t make sense to me when I can just do a cam swap and PV tune and make as much or more as a Harley stage 3 motor. Instead I’m gonna do by 21 inch wheel and chrome front end and just ride the bike. Next winter I’m gonna do the 117 kit from Fuel Moto. I’ll only be giving up a few months of warranty then and only 2 of that will be the riding the season anyway.

you are the one who knows what you want most, weighed all the options and it's your money..sounds like your upgrade project will look great and provide you with all the power anyone could need or use!

Kyle Moore 02-21-2018 10:40 PM

I’m hard to please haha, I either go all out and go crazy or I don’t do it. It just didn’t make sense to spend 1400 bucks doing stage 1 and 2 for a modest power bump, when I could spend that money on chrome wheels and forks etc. and do the engine I really want later.

Keithhu 02-23-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Moore (Post 17114365)
I’m hard to please haha, I either go all out and go crazy or I don’t do it. It just didn’t make sense to spend 1400 bucks doing stage 1 and 2 for a modest power bump, when I could spend that money on chrome wheels and forks etc. and do the engine I really want later.

My personal opinion on the M8 is that we're finally past the point of having to spend $1-2K to put some pep in our new bikes. For me, from now on, its slip-ons and thats it. Is got enough power for me. There will always be performance freaks, but for me its about laying down miles, not how fast they pass.

So my current strategy is that I dont put anything on the bike that I cant easily take off, and trade ever 2 years. (ok, the pin striping at Sturgis last year was an impulse purchase)

Kyle Moore 02-23-2018 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Keithhu (Post 17120425)
My personal opinion on the M8 is that we're finally past the point of having to spend $1-2K to put some pep in our new bikes. For me, from now on, its slip-ons and thats it. Is got enough power for me. There will always be performance freaks, but for me its about laying down miles, not how fast they pass.

So my current strategy is that I dont put anything on the bike that I cant easily take off, and trade ever 2 years. (ok, the pin striping at Sturgis last year was an impulse purchase)

That’s a good point but i don’t see myself getting rid of my Road Glide, Harley would have to come out with something awesome to get me to trade it in. If anything i wanna get a second bike in the future. Stuff in Harley land doesn’t change very fast, there is rumors of a new frame though. I really wanna add a low rider S to my stable someday.

badcooky 02-23-2018 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=Keithhu;17120425]My personal opinion on the M8 is that we're finally past the point of having to spend $1-2K to put some pep in our new bikes. For me, from now on, its slip-ons and thats it. Is got enough power for me. There will always be performance freaks, but for me its about laying down miles, not how fast they pass.

Yea I hope I stay with that same idea for a while too as I'm going Stage 1 ASAP, who knows after that though.
Cheers.

yobtaf103 02-24-2018 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Keithhu (Post 17120425)

Nice strategy, so no worries with an Aero charger then:D

badcooky 02-25-2018 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by yobtaf103 (Post 17121858)
Nice strategy, so no worries with an Aero charger then:D

I see no problems with that at all man.:icon_idea1:

lh4x4 02-25-2018 11:05 PM

Do it! If problems arise ask for a go fund me account.

Folks do you really think you should post that your dealer will overlook some things? Does not seem like a good idea. But maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe the government is spying on us! Also foil caps may not work.

badcooky 02-27-2018 03:22 AM

Foil hat wearers need love too.