Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED accent lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:03 AM
DC4MVP
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the Joe Florida multi-colored LEDs. Not a single problem with them. I don't keep them on while riding but it's fun to turn them on when it's getting darker out and the bike is sitting outside a saloon or something.

After the first 2 months or so, the novelty kind of wore off for me and I forget to turn them on half the time.

As for install, pretty easy but time consuming if you don't have a lift. Took me maybe 3-4 hours.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:24 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

They look gaudy and cheap IMO. same thing all the kids with ragged out Hondas civics missing paint and a fart can muffler have. Plus the "underglow" popularity from the Fast N' Furious movies wore off 10 years ago. They're a cry for attention on an otherwise mundane vehicle, just look cheap and gaudy. Clean and classy with your modifications will always look much better and still look good many years later.

Plus the "cool" newness wears off quick and you'll find yourself using them less and less and its just a waste of money in the long run. And by not having them, you dont have worry about creating unnecessary run ins with law enforcement while looking like a tool bag. IMO.

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 03-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:48 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

I agree that they will wear off eventually. Im not looking for attention, I just want to be seen. The wife wanted it more than me and since shes helping to pay for it and basically letting me do whatever I want to it......... she can have the lights. When I get bored of them, Ill shut em off. I also dont worry about the police either. I am a vet and I work for the government. They never give me a hard time. I mean....... its just an led light.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:16 PM
09IronRider
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
Its what my dealer sells. Its really pretty cool because of the features it has on the cell phone. my wife had a jacket on and he used a feature on the app to take a photo of the color and the led's copied that color exactly. It will also strobe and pulse to music on the app, like your playlist. it will even do two zones, so different colors and when you use your brake, all led's will use a red brake color. I wouldnt say better, just different from the other brand. I do know this, my wife is going to enjoy picking out different colors for the two zones and when shes happy, generally im happy.
I like the smart brake idea the most.

The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:46 PM
wm9q
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't think I would like them but met up with a guy that had them on his bike and they did look pretty cool. Not sure I would add them to mine yet but they did look cool.

TomcatCV62 (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:56 PM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s
they look gaudy and cheap imo. Same thing all the kids with ragged out hondas civics missing paint and a fart can muffler have. Plus the "underglow" popularity from the fast n' furious movies wore off 10 years ago. They're a cry for attention on an otherwise mundane vehicle, just look cheap and gaudy. Clean and classy with your modifications will always look much better and still look good many years later.

Plus the "cool" newness wears off quick and you'll find yourself using them less and less and its just a waste of money in the long run. And by not having them, you dont have worry about creating unnecessary run ins with law enforcement while looking like a tool bag. Imo.
why not look at it like this.
I got hit by someone not seeing me spent 3 months in the hosiptal

now i can be seen

wm9q (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 03:27 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Why do you care if WE like them? Seriously dude. Either YOU like them or not. It is your money and your bike.

Do you need us to make any other choices for you? Boxers or briefs? Beer or mixed drinks? Straight or gay? We can screw up your life real good if listen to our opinions on what you should do too closely....

Old 03-06-2018, 06:25 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Why do you care if WE like them? Seriously dude. Either YOU like them or not. It is your money and your bike.

Do you need us to make any other choices for you? Boxers or briefs? Beer or mixed drinks? Straight or gay? We can screw up your life real good if listen to our opinions on what you should do too closely....
Lol, can’t argue with that. I like the lights and don’t really care what others think. It is nice to hear what others think about a certain mod though.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:30 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wm9q
I didn't think I would like them but met up with a guy that had them on his bike and they did look pretty cool. Not sure I would add them to mine yet but they did look cool.
Wow, my bike is in storage very very close to you actually. I also bought a few other items they will be adding. My favorite is the custom dynamics windshield trim. Love that.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Not a fan.

Quick Reply: LED accent lights