Sponsored by:

NEW S&S Sidewinder 2-1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CageyKG
Based on that, and some other research obviously, I think I am going to return the Street Cannons and order the Sidewinder. So far it’s the only 2-1 I’ve found that I like the looks of.
Have you looked at the Bassani by chance? I'm glad to see S&S with a 2-1 out now. I did find a couple videos that gave a clip of the sound and it didn't seem to bad. I also like the FM Road n Track. I like a loud pipe when I want it loud, but I also want a mellow pipe at highway speeds. I decided I'm upgrading pipes and been debating FM 2-1-2, but by the time I buy that and muffs, I'm back to the price of the FM, S&S or Bassani 2-1. I had the D&D Billet Cat on my '16 RGU and it was quite mellow I thought.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:17 PM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Have you looked at the Bassani by chance? I'm glad to see S&S with a 2-1 out now. I did find a couple videos that gave a clip of the sound and it didn't seem to bad. I also like the FM Road n Track. I like a loud pipe when I want it loud, but I also want a mellow pipe at highway speeds. I decided I'm upgrading pipes and been debating FM 2-1-2, but by the time I buy that and muffs, I'm back to the price of the FM, S&S or Bassani 2-1. I had the D&D Billet Cat on my '16 RGU and it was quite mellow I thought.
I did look at Bassani, but didn’t like the look/shape of the pipe. Same with FMs 2-1. I’m still on the fence. I still may install the Street Cannons - they supposedly perform the best according to some tuners in here.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

I did look at Bassani, but didn’t like the look/shape of the pipe. Same with FMs 2-1. I’m still on the fence. I still may install the Street Cannons - they supposedly perform the best according to some tuners in here.
I hear ya....some have looks I can't get past. Do you have a sound clip of what yours sounds like now? The 2-1's do perform better, but either way I go I'm paying close to $1k for an exhaust setup. FM 2-1-2 header, $499, plus black heat shields, another $250 or so. I could keep the V&H Eliminator's I have and save a little, FM has said they see good performance with those. Or I spend close to the same for a 2-1. The only drawback to me on a 2-1 is it looks off with only the 1 pipe.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:06 PM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I hear ya....some have looks I can't get past. Do you have a sound clip of what yours sounds like now? The 2-1's do perform better, but either way I go I'm paying close to $1k for an exhaust setup. FM 2-1-2 header, $499, plus black heat shields, another $250 or so. I could keep the V&H Eliminator's I have and save a little, FM has said they see good performance with those. Or I spend close to the same for a 2-1. The only drawback to me on a 2-1 is it looks off with only the 1 pipe.
I don't unfortunately. I already took off my FM hi-rollers in anticipation of my Street Cannons being delivered this week, but I can definitely post a clip if I decide to install the SE's after all. Keep in mind though that I've got the catless header and a Woods cam in there.

Agreed the 2-1's look a little funny and S&S already confirmed they will NOT make a ghost pipe for their Sidewinder, so there's that.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

I don't unfortunately. I already took off my FM hi-rollers in anticipation of my Street Cannons being delivered this week, but I can definitely post a clip if I decide to install the SE's after all. Keep in mind though that I've got the catless header and a Woods cam in there.

Agreed the 2-1's look a little funny and S&S already confirmed they will NOT make a ghost pipe for their Sidewinder, so there's that.
I was just curious on what sound you currently had. I've got an aftermarket headpipe as well with the torque cam that my dealer had installed prior to me buying the bike. I will be changing that as well and debating the 222, 22x or the S&S 475. FM now offering a lower compression 117 kit has really peaked my interest. Right now my bike dyno'd 92/107 with a PV, not that impressive when comparing the numbers from the FM test. I'm sure the cobra headers on there and neighbor haters at the time accounted for some of the low numbers.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:13 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

All the good stuff is coming out for the M8's now mwahaha .

Old 02-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Hagg22
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Jamie has already tested their 2-1 with the 222 cam & it showed a significant left side increase, keep up with the game. There are more tests than just on this forum,all have shown better low end tq with a 2-1. All you have to do is look at the design of the stock header, the left side just has a 1.75 inch pipe welded in at a 90* angle, very bad for flow. The right side is a 2.5 inch outlet into that muffler, guess which one is going to flow more? The left side, even at idle, is flowing substantially less than the right muffler. The left muffler is just a glorified ghost pipe that will see very little flow at upper RPMs. There are several single slip on mufflers that just cap off the left side outlet to make a low cost 2-1 with the stock headpipe, Khrome Werks has one they call The Torque Booster. Although I haven't seen any charts I've used their products & they perform as claimed. The ratio between intake port flow to exhaust port flow is greater than the TCs, the exhaust flow is a much less, making the exhaust much more critical to try to even out the flow.
agree with all that DTT. Making the stock exhaust 2-1 though, is likely to increase outflow - though with cat still in place not sure how much difference it will make. In any case, changing outflow (or inflow) should probably include some tuning. Just my $0.02.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone have any updates on this thread that they could share? The video clips from S&S don’t sound as good as I thought they would. Looking for some more feedback.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Hagg22
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Pittz. I heard the S&S MK45 slipons on an M8 just yesterday and they sounded really good (I know you were looking st the 2-1 system....). It is the best I have heard our new engine sound with just the muffler. I have Kerker Stout 4” slipons that I like the sound quality of but the S&S’s were louder and better imo. If just a muffler, those would be my pick. I did not get a chance to hear any slipons in person when I got mine. If I had I would have the S&S MK 45’s!

good luck.

Btw, if you ever come to Milwaukee there is a dealer in the south side called House of Harley that has these and a bunch more you can listen to. They have a 2-1 on one of their bikes too but I’m not sure which one it is. But I agree it didn’t sound great to me. They also have various ape bars you can demo on their bikes. It’s a great place.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

I have never liked the sound of 2 into 1's but the torque gains are undeniable though.

Quick Reply: NEW S&S Sidewinder 2-1?