Sponsored by:

CFR mufflers on m8

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:40 AM
TrentAZ
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowdevil23
alittle performance loss , but only on bottom end. like the sound , wish they were louder. if had to do it again I would check out the rineharts.
AndI am going to change my Rineharts for CFR's this weekend. They aren't ever going to be as loud as the old version just because of the Milwaukee 8 motor. Sure wish we could just trade pipes!

Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

When doing my Stage lll on my ‘17 CVO when first released, one had to purchase the Screamin Eagle slipons. At first they were not a great sound till about 800+ miles. They broke in if you will and sounded decent. Afterwards i installed the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe, the Scramin Eagle slipons truly improved in sound. Personally I love it. Not excessively loud but certainly a deep rumble and WOT is awesome. Cruising around one can still hear stereo and not get off the bike at the end half deaf. Just installed the Woods M8-222 cam, Jamie dynoed it and no loss of torque in the lower end as well as they performed very well throughout the curve.
Just thought I would share an option if looking

Old 09-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5
searched but can’t find much info on the performance of these on m8. Anyone running the CFRs on their m8? Any loss in performance using them?
I swapped out my stock mufflers on my 17 M8 (no tune) for CFRs and didn't notice any performance increase or decrease, but I really like the unique lower sound. Was worried they might be too loud but if anything they could be a bit louder. I will be doing a full stage 2 shortly and hope that gives it a bit more volume. My only concern is will Harley have a map that reflects CFR's or is there really that much difference between CFR and say street cannons or some other middle of the road slip-ons.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ronbo1
I swapped out my stock mufflers on my 17 M8 (no tune) for CFRs and didn't notice any performance increase or decrease, but I really like the unique lower sound. Was worried they might be too loud but if anything they could be a bit louder. I will be doing a full stage 2 shortly and hope that gives it a bit more volume. My only concern is will Harley have a map that reflects CFR's or is there really that much difference between CFR and say street cannons or some other middle of the road slip-ons.
UPDATE. I installed a wood 22X cam, heavy breather A/C and new canned map from fuel moto and my 17 M8 freewheeler runs strong and smooth. No popping, no hesitation anywhere, plenty of left over passing power at 70. The volume of the CFR slip-ons did increase some after the mods but really like the sound. The CFR's lower pitch rumble is sweet at highway speeds and idling with the more aggressive cam lope brings a smile to my face every time I start it. I can't really judge what low end I might be loosing but the difference in performance is night and day and the sound is like no other. I will probably have it dyno'd this summer, and if I see that I'm really missing a LOT of low end I may consider different pipes ... but only if the loss stretches above 2500 rpm where I spend most of my time. Don't want to give up the sound I love for a nice looking graph.

The following users liked this post:
Luke Stansfield (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Luke Stansfield
Stage I
Default Do you have any videos of this set up ? Maybe even with just the CFR pipes on before you did stage 2?

Originally Posted by Ronbo1
UPDATE. I installed a wood 22X cam, heavy breather A/C and new canned map from fuel moto and my 17 M8 freewheeler runs strong and smooth. No popping, no hesitation anywhere, plenty of left over passing power at 70. The volume of the CFR slip-ons did increase some after the mods but really like the sound. The CFR's lower pitch rumble is sweet at highway speeds and idling with the more aggressive cam lope brings a smile to my face every time I start it. I can't really judge what low end I might be loosing but the difference in performance is night and day and the sound is like no other. I will probably have it dyno'd this summer, and if I see that I'm really missing a LOT of low end I may consider different pipes ... but only if the loss stretches above 2500 rpm where I spend most of my time. Don't want to give up the sound I love for a nice looking graph.
do you have videos of these set ups ? Maybe even without the stage 2 and just the slip ons on?

Old 04-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Luke Stansfield
do you have videos of these set ups ? Maybe even without the stage 2 and just the slip ons on?
I've kicked myself several for not doing a video of each step and will try to do a video of what I have now the next time I take it out. There are quite a few before and after videos with just the change from stock to CFRs on youtube and a lot of other sound comparisons of slip-ons. But the lope and sound of the an M8 with the wood 22x definitely stands out from the rest ... not so much loudness but tone. Very subjective and individual taste. Note, knock offs look almost identical on the outside but inside if very different (as is the cost) ... it's not just a straight through megaphone.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Stansfield
I have CFR's on my 114 with Woods 22x cam. Send me a PM with your cell number and I'll text you a video of it running.

I had CFR's on my stage II 103 and it sounded awesome. CFR's on my 114 sounded decent before I did the cam but now sounds much better with it installed. Not as nice as on the twincam tho...

Old 09-02-2021, 10:23 PM
Khaja Wasim
Stage II

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
I have CFR's on my 114 with Woods 22x cam. Send me a PM with your cell number and I'll text you a video of it running.

I had CFR's on my stage II 103 and it sounded awesome. CFR's on my 114 sounded decent before I did the cam but now sounds much better with it installed. Not as nice as on the twincam tho...
Which headers & tuner are you using in your setup?

I have a 2020 fhtk with CFR slipons, looking to get stage2 using woods 22x cam. Thx

Old 09-03-2021, 03:37 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Khaja Wasim
Which headers & tuner are you using in your setup?

I have a 2020 fhtk with CFR slipons, looking to get stage2 using woods 22x cam. Thx
Here's a recording of my 108 with 22x cam, CFR's, stock headers, and PV tuner. Not the best quality sound but it will give you an idea of the idle lope you will get with the 22x. I personally love it over the stock cam. The cam made a significant change in sound and performance.

freewheeler/CFRVIDEO1.MOV

freewheeler idle with 22X AND CFRs

The following users liked this post:
Khaja Wasim (09-03-2021)