Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot headpipe

Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by berniemc
Looking for input on the Jackpot headpipe .Does it tune and fit good?
Yes, and yes.

I love mine. It really rounded out the exhaust note. I agree that Fullsac's sound like a better execution losing that 90 deg. crossover. But I am very happy with my FM pipes and recommend them

Old 03-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I can't speak for the Jackpots specifically, but I just ordered, got and installed one of their E Series universal mufflers and the quality of the product is top notch.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,393 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by donruff
  • I could be wrong. The jackpot head pipe is just that, head pipes.
  • To me it looks very similar to the stock head pipes, minus the catalytic converter. Same 90° angle for the left pipe.
  • It appears you use the same squished cross over pipe that comes stock.
  • I am an enthusiast, not an expert.
  • Just what I see.

What you see, is what it is. It uses the stock style "T" joint with the stock crossunder squished, that's not replaced as part of the FM kit.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
What you see, is what it is. It uses the stock style "T" joint with the stock crossunder squished, that's not replaced as part of the FM kit.
Steve, I know your partial to the Fullsac. Have you done any testing with the FM header, if you have, I'm curious what the results are/were? I'm curious with HD's design on the M8 pipe if they're meaning for it to be more of a 2-1 style. Also a few folks seem to be saying these M8's are very exhaust sensitive/finicky.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Did you see the huge thread where FM tested 6 cams all using their jackpot headers?

I've got them on order but it will be a few weeks before they're installed.
Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Steve, I know your partial to the Fullsac. Have you done any testing with the FM header, if you have, I'm curious what the results are/were? I'm curious with HD's design on the M8 pipe if they're meaning for it to be more of a 2-1 style. Also a few folks seem to be saying these M8's are very exhaust sensitive/finicky.
i was thinking the same thing about the 2-1 concept but then Harley comes out with the high flow exhaust and it has an X chamber and smooth radius to left exhaust. So what’s best for low end?? I’d really like to get rid of this stock head pipe before the 120 degree days start here in AZ. 🤦*♂️🔥

Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5

i was thinking the same thing about the 2-1 concept but then Harley comes out with the high flow exhaust and it has an X chamber and smooth radius to left exhaust. So what’s best for low end?? I’d really like to get rid of this stock head pipe before the 120 degree days start here in AZ. 🤦*♂️🔥
Ok.....I'm not that smart on motor stuff, but I get what I read and am told. When you say smooth radius to the left exhaust, are you referring to the smooth bend in the fullsac or HD header to the left side? Absence of the T for the left side????

Old 03-12-2018, 06:28 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Ok.....I'm not that smart on motor stuff, but I get what I read and am told. When you say smooth radius to the left exhaust, are you referring to the smooth bend in the fullsac or HD header to the left side? Absence of the T for the left side????
yes. The SE high flow exhaust doesn’t have the T as far as I can tell. I’ve never seen one in person.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Tick (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,103 Likes on 1,339 Posts

When we developed our Jackpot M8 we built about a half dozen prototypes, several of them with X style collectors like the Jackpot 2/1/2 twin cam pipes we have been building since 2009. We found very early on the M8 is a different animal exhaust wise than the Twin Cam. We can design/build the pipe however need be however the final design of the Jackpot M8 head pipe was what we found to work best on 107, 114 & 117 M8 engines up to a moderate state of tune. The most important aspects of the M8 pipe are the length of the primaries and the merge collector design, everything after that is tuned length and there is plenty of it with the M8's 2.5" right outlet. We are also working on a second XXX style M8 head pipe for high output big bore applications over 130Hp, this pipe will have a much larger collector, larger tapered primaries, and other unique features. That pipe should be ready early summer.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
BPD101 (02-08-2024)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i have the jackpot head pipe.... plus a stage 4 tuned with a PV...... 120hp/120tq seems good to me...

Old 03-12-2018, 01:40 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks for jumping in. I was wondering if you were aware of this thread.

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
When we developed our Jackpot M8 we built about a half dozen prototypes, several of them with X style collectors like the Jackpot 2/1/2 twin cam pipes we have been building since 2009. We found very early on the M8 is a different animal exhaust wise than the Twin Cam. We can design/build the pipe however need be however the final design of the Jackpot M8 head pipe was what we found to work best on 107, 114 & 117 M8 engines up to a moderate state of tune. The most important aspects of the M8 pipe are the length of the primaries and the merge collector design, everything after that is tuned length and there is plenty of it with the M8's 2.5" right outlet. We are also working on a second XXX style M8 head pipe for high output big bore applications over 130Hp, this pipe will have a much larger collector, larger tapered primaries, and other unique features. That pipe should be ready early summer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jackpot headpipe