Sponsored by:

M8 worries!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Cherrypicker
Novice
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default M8 worries!

I just bought my first Harley (2018 ultra limited low) and I'm getting ready to go on a trip in June (7500 mile) and after reading some of the problems I've been reading on here with the m8 I'm starting to get nervous about the trip. I'm taking it in next Saturday to have a cb installed,I really like the bike it's my first touring bike also.Im short and Harley is the only one that makes a bike for sort people like me and after I rode it I fell in love I couldn't believe how good the bike fit me,so should I be worried? I'm also thinking of buying Vance and Hines monster rounds 4 1/2 they sound deep and throaty I don't won't nothing loud so I can hear my radio or cb.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:13 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherrypicker
I just bought my first Harley (2018 ultra limited low) and I'm getting ready to go on a trip in June (7500 mile) and after reading some of the problems I've been reading on here with the m8 I'm starting to get nervous about the trip. I'm taking it in next Saturday to have a cb installed,I really like the bike it's my first touring bike also.Im short and Harley is the only one that makes a bike for sort people like me and after I rode it I fell in love I couldn't believe how good the bike fit me,so should I be worried? I'm also thinking of buying Vance and Hines monster rounds 4 1/2 they sound deep and throaty I don't won't nothing loud so I can hear my radio or cb.
You have a warranty ,so don't worry.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Riverside Joe
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Follow the break-in, and maintenance schedule. Learn the bike, and worry about if your not getting enough time to ride. Cheers!---------------------------------RJ

The following users liked this post:
woodreaux (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 05:19 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

You've got two months to get some miles on it and make sure everything is as it is suppose to be. The majority of M8 owners don't have problems or don't realize they have problem. Keep an eye on transmission levels to make sure you're not transferring. On a stock bike sumping is rare. Ride it, enjoy it, and enjoy your trip.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:44 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

You've got a great bike and warranty. Go and enjoy it. The thing about forums is anything negative seems to sprout roots and grows exponentially while positive things get lost. I've got two trips planned for this summer on my 2017 RGU M8. One is a thousand mile trip to the Dragon and 4000 miles to the White and Adirondack Mountains. Hope to ride MT. Washington also. Check your fluid levels while on your trip and enjoy the ride.
Bill

Old 03-25-2018, 06:00 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Less than 1 percent of the M8's have had issues and some of the issues are operator induced.

The following users liked this post:
Randy Gunther (03-27-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 06:07 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

You have a warranty and hundreds of dealers. Keep and eye on the fluids like others have said and just enjoy the ride.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:12 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

The M8 is a great engine. When it comes to the M8 forum three words come to mind.
[ Run Forest Run ]

Old 03-25-2018, 06:24 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,542 Likes on 4,431 Posts

welcome, congrats, ride and enjoy and stop reading about problems, just check fluids periodically as normal..buddy has the Monster Rounds on his 17 RK..great choice..think they are 4" not 4 1/2

Old 03-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,749 Likes on 6,894 Posts

You are worrying about nothing.

The day after Christmas I had 1000 miles on my 2017 M8 and left for southern Florida without a single concern. Did 2k miles round trip and enjoyed every mile. My buddy was wishing he had an M8 by the time we got back.

As mentioned above you have a warranty, there are plenty of dealerships. Ride & Enjoy!

Quick Reply: M8 worries!