Sponsored by:

Stage 2 S&S 475c cam Jackpot headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:00 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5

i actually like that better. Sounds good man. Wonder how it effects performance. Thanks for the vids!!
Yeah still undecided on keeping it in. Supposed to ride more tomorrow so we'll see.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:54 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Thought I'd put up some pics of my stock lifters and cam. No scoring or markings that I can see. In fact they look really good. Almost 6000 miles on them.

The following users liked this post:
madmat (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 07:58 AM
Slayor$
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Thought I'd put up some pics of my stock lifters and cam. No scoring or markings that I can see. In fact they look really good. Almost 6000 miles on them.

those look in almost perfect shape compared to several I’ve seen

The following users liked this post:
Kyle Moore (04-08-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Dwebber18
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

That is almost exactly like the setup I'm planning once my warranty is up in 2 years. I already have the MK45s on order and the only difference I'm considering is using the S&S Power Tune head pipe instead of the Jackpot but I haven't quite decided yet. I also want to get it dyno tuned when I start messing with it but I really appreciate your post!

Old 04-05-2018, 03:21 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dwebber18
That is almost exactly like the setup I'm planning once my warranty is up in 2 years. I already have the MK45s on order and the only difference I'm considering is using the S&S Power Tune head pipe instead of the Jackpot but I haven't quite decided yet. I also want to get it dyno tuned when I start messing with it but I really appreciate your post!
Haven't researched any headers other than the jackpots here. So far I'm really happy with my set up. Getting the Power Vision tuner from Fuel Moto was great to as it already has a map installed. It runs really good just using the preloaded map, so in essence you can save money by not having to get it dyno'd.

That said, I have mine scheduled for a dyno in two weeks. Simply to make sure its running the best it can in the full range. And a dealership near me only charges 300, so to me its worth it.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Dwebber18
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I do think I could be happy with a canned tune based on the experience of others but I would always wonder if it could be better with a custom tune. Who knows where my head will be in 2 years though and what might be available. I did just get an email that my back ordered mufflers are on the way so hopefully that will hold me over until my warranty is no more.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:44 PM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwebber18
I do think I could be happy with a canned tune based on the experience of others but I would always wonder if it could be better with a custom tune. Who knows where my head will be in 2 years though and what might be available. I did just get an email that my back ordered mufflers are on the way so hopefully that will hold me over until my warranty is no more.
That canned tune will always be there on the PV2, so go with a few runs using the auto tune feature and see how it compares. Each 20 minute trip it will learn from the diagnostics what it can do to improve optimal performance and then you simply apply that and go for another run using auto tune. after a few runs it'll run optimally. I did this after my S&S 475C cam install and now I'm crazy loving this mod. It's the best $700-800 I've spent so far.

Last edited by xnysgt; 04-16-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:42 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Bit of an update.

My intentions were to have my bike dynoed and had it scheduled for one this Sat the 21st.

I wanted to ask a few question, so I stopped in a couple days ago and asked if I could speak to the dyno technician.

First, they just moved into their new building about 4 weeks ago, but they had already told me their dynamo meter had been moved to the new building for several months prior. When i mentioned the other day that I had a dyno tune scheduled this sat, they said oh well its still not set up yet. No biggie I thought, I can just reschedule, but good thing I stopped in instead of riding there sat with a ride home and not being able to leave my bike.

SO when the dyno tech came out, I explained what my set up was and that I had the PV tuner. He said oh that will be a problem. He explained that dynovision had been there a couple years prior and their techs had gone through training to get certified to tune with dynovision products, however the dealership never finished the certification process. SO basically, they have no one that "knows" how to tune with a PV. lol

They were real nice and kept saying well maybe so and so can figure it out. I didn't say it, but honestly I'd rather not have someone fumble their way through that process....lol Although as long as I have the canned map from FM, I guess nothing would be hurt. hmmm might ask them if they want to try...for free of course...or at least half price?

Anyway, there is an indy an hour away that charges the same price...300 that I can use.

May try to do a few smart tunes and be done with it....who knows.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,528 Likes on 4,425 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
SO basically, they have no one that "knows" how to tune with a PV. lol They were real nice and kept saying well maybe so and so can figure it out. I didn't say it, but honestly I'd rather not have someone fumble their way through that process
let me try boss, always wanted to tune a Harley

Attached Thumbnails Stage 2 S&S 475c cam Jackpot headers-80s-aamco-ads-800x450.jpg  
Old 04-19-2018, 01:03 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjwebb
let me try boss, always wanted to tune a Harley
lol yeah.

But really what could they mess up? I think the issue, according to him was the steps that the PV tuner itself requires to actually get the tune onto the bike. Who knows....like I've said, I know nothing about tuning.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 S&S 475c cam Jackpot headers