Sponsored by:

Intake seals shot.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 01:26 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by BCN
$tonecold, I have to check the build date. Dealership says that the seals were shot, and the intake is made of plastic, which is deforming causing the seals to fail. Trying now to figure why I never got a code. I would think the O2 sensor would pick that up.
Yeah, I knew the MOCO had cheapened things up by using plastic for a material for their intakes on the M8’s, just didn’t know they were failing. Even a build date probably won’t help figure if it was a bad run of intakes since the motors don’t get built when the rest of the bike is assembled.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:07 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
Here is their phone number 1-800-bull-****
I rang that number the OP answered !

The following 4 users liked this post by badcooky:
Johnny Goodlife (04-01-2018), lh4x4 (04-07-2018), rscott (04-06-2018), sixguns (04-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Happened to Me too.Went to Biketoberfest and trailered home.Bike ran fine during Biketoberfest.I never rode during winter and bike was left on trailer.Went to Daytona, took off trailer and bike ran fine at fast idle.When it came off fast idle it would pop and spit and die.Took it to dealer and They said that the intake manifold melted.They replaced manifold,seals,spark plugs and air filter and blued mufflers,under warranty.Blued the mufflers in a matter of minutes trying to figure out what had happened over the winter.It acted like bad gas.I was never told that the intake was plastic.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 AM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Wow.... so a new guy comes here to state his issues & before any discussion ensues - the M8 owners guild in a typical denial fashion jumps in to bust on the guy!

some of the respected site guru`s admit that the Moco cheapened things up - but lets call the guy a troll before we hear more...... good thing you got a warranty OP huh? nothing like letting your bike sit at the dealership during nice weather waiting on a fix!

Hope you get things sorted out - Ride safe!

The following 5 users liked this post by LXT:
Campy Roadie (04-01-2018), jockotwin (04-01-2018), LoneWoolf (04-09-2018), s-glide76 (04-02-2018), TenMidgets (04-08-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 09:40 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT
Wow.... so a new guy comes here to state his issues & before any discussion ensues - the M8 owners guild in a typical denial fashion jumps in to bust on the guy!

some of the respected site guru`s admit that the Moco cheapened things up - but lets call the guy a troll before we hear more...... good thing you got a warranty OP huh? nothing like letting your bike sit at the dealership during nice weather waiting on a fix!

You are trolling for a response M8 hater. It's going to work.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:51 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT

I have to ask. If you hate Milwaukee 8s and don't own one, why do you come here and insult other m8 owners or comment here at all for that matter. I don't go to Honda or Indian forums and do that.

Just curious what you get out of it.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:56 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Be nice it's Easter Sunday!

Last edited by tbob; 04-01-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:00 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,519 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT

yeah, shame on anyone for suspecting a bogus report from a newbie about single dealership having 8 bikes in at same time for the exact same problem that isn't something we have discussed here ad nauseam like every other problem reported...too many examples of the 'boy who cried wolf' that raises suspicion

Old 04-01-2018, 10:01 AM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by lp
Honestly I'm not - I just see all these threads by M8 owners talking about others (me included) complaining about a bike we don't own, cant afford, are jealous over - Etc.

when none of that is true at all, you want people to come here & discuss issues & before the guy is given a chance the M8 crowd jumps on him & then there is wonder why people get into online battles?

I know there are some that come here trolling - but lets weed the nay sayers out first - you can spot the trollers after a few posts - the M8 crowd just shoots themselves in the foot by doing this to members who are new or members with problems pertaining to the M8.

For the M8 being the "greatest" bike HD ever made I'm not sure the same can be said about the M8 owners who treat other non M8 owners the way I have seen done here - I guess this goes back to the "cant we have an intelligent discussion thread" - clearly the answer is NO!

BTW: I don't hate the M8 - But I'm not buying one just yet either! maybe I cant afford it? LOL

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (04-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 10:02 AM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by mjwebb
yeah, shame on anyone for suspecting a bogus report from a newbie about single dealership having 8 bikes in at same time for the exact same problem that isn't something we have discussed here ad nauseam like every other problem reported...too many examples of the 'boy who cried wolf' that raises suspicion

I get that webby, but what if the guy was sincere?

Quick Reply: Intake seals shot.