Sponsored by:

FM street outlaws vs MK45s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 07:25 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default FM street outlaws vs MK45s?

So I’ve been trying to find a replacement for my street cannon mufflers. Was thinking about the s&s 2-1 but now I’m back to thinking just mufflers. Has anyone heard these 2 in person? The new videos of the street outlaws sound pretty good. Wonder what the differences are in baffle size and configuration? I like the price of the street outlaws that’s for sure 😊

Old 04-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I can't help you with the sound right now, but I'm really leaning towards these as well for my mine.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:31 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,475 Likes on 1,062 Posts

I've been running the mk45s on mine since I bought it. IMO they are one of the best sounding slip ons. Cant speak for the street outlaws, but FM doesnt put out junk. Sound on the other hand is always subjective.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:24 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i run the MK45 s they sound great..... but im also a full stage 4 ... and that really gave me a nice sound...

Old 04-26-2018, 03:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

For those interesed we posted an assortment of videos in our Vendor Section, including the Street Outlaw mufflers on the latest Fuel Moto 120" combination 158Hp/144Tq https://www.hdforums.com/forum/fuel-...n-video-s.html

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by pittz5
So I’ve been trying to find a replacement for my street cannon mufflers. Was thinking about the s&s 2-1 but now I’m back to thinking just mufflers. Has anyone heard these 2 in person? The new videos of the street outlaws sound pretty good. Wonder what the differences are in baffle size and configuration? I like the price of the street outlaws that’s for sure ��
Both excellent mufflers for sure, there are some differences in baffles. The Street Outlaw has a spiral louvered core where the MK45 has a perforated baffle. The Street Outlaw's are a bit more rowdy sounding, not sound level specifically more the note itself. The Street Outlaws have been dyno proven many times over to be top performers, they work excellent on stock & highly modified engines; we just used them on our 120" M8 build that went 158Hp/144Tq

For those following we are also offering a package deal for the following: $799.00 + shipping.
Jackpot Street Outlaw mufflers (Chrome or Black, slash up or slash down)
Dynojet Power Vision PV-1 or PV-2 (black or chrome)
Fuel Moto AC/DC air cleaner
available for 2002-2018 FLH twin cam & M8 models.

We will be officially announcing this Monday, but we are taking orders now. This is special pricing not available thru our website, must call 920-423-3309 to order. (no additional coupons or discounts apply)

Last edited by fuelmoto; 04-26-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Both excellent mufflers for sure, there are some differences in baffles. The Street Outlaw has a spiral louvered core where the MK45 has a perforated baffle. The Street Outlaw's are a bit more rowdy sounding, not sound level specifically more the note itself. The Street Outlaws have been dyno proven many times over to be top performers, they work excellent on stock & highly modified engines; we just used them on our 120" M8 build that went 158Hp/144Tq

For those following we are also offering a package deal for the following: $799.00 + shipping.
Jackpot Street Outlaw mufflers (Chrome or Black, slash up or slash down)
Dynojet Power Vision PV-1 or PV-2 (black or chrome)
Fuel Moto AC/DC air cleaner
available for 2002-2018 FLH twin cam & M8 models.

We will be officially announcing this Monday, but we are taking orders now. This is special pricing not available thru our website, must call 920-423-3309 to order. (no additional coupons or discounts apply)
Do the DB killers make that much of a difference in performance on the MK45's?

Old 04-26-2018, 08:20 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

For those interesed we posted an assortment of videos in our Vendor Section, including the Street Outlaw mufflers on the latest Fuel Moto 120" combination 158Hp/144Tq https://www.hdforums.com/forum/fuel-...n-video-s.html

thank you. They sounds really good.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:00 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quik
Do the DB killers make that much of a difference in performance on the MK45's?
All depends on the combination, specifically the head pipe you are running, compression & cam choice. In most cases the inserts help low-mid RPM performance and tunability considerably, in some cases signficantly. +10-15Tq at 2500 RPM is not uncommon. You dont want mufflers that have excessively large baffles, it greatly affect performance, response and tunability. The current trend of overly large, tapered, or stepped baffles is the single biggest tuning & performance issue at the moment, and the M8 is far more sensitive to exhaust than the twin cam engine.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,475 Likes on 1,062 Posts

All depends on the combination, specifically the head pipe you are running, compression & cam choice. In most cases the inserts help low-mid RPM performance and tunability considerably, in some cases signficantly. +10-15Tq at 2500 RPM is not uncommon. You dont want mufflers that have excessively large baffles, it greatly affect performance, response and tunability. The current trend of overly large, tapered, or stepped baffles is the single biggest tuning & performance issue at the moment, and the M8 is far more sensitive to exhaust than the twin cam engine.
Good info Jamie. So to remind you of my setup. I did the 475c cam and Jackpot headers with MK45s. I mentioned about losing the low end power in your cam test thread, but reading what you've said here, if I understand you, with my mufflers and baffle setup, what would you recommend for me? As said previously, I really like the sound with the db reducers out, but I do lose quite a bit of power. I would guess as you say here, maybe 10 or more tq down low.

If I get a dyno, can some of the lost power be recovered with the db reducers out? Or is that wishful thinking? Can I swap slip ons to something that would get better sound and keep the power even with the db reducers out?

Quick Reply: FM street outlaws vs MK45s?