Sponsored by:

Identifying/clearing codes on 2018 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:42 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Identifying/clearing codes on 2018 street bob

Picked up my 18 street bob from the dyno shop this morning. 15 miles down the road the check engine light came on. It has a TBR 2-1, zipper cam, and Trask intake. The guy told me to bring it in and is guessing the motor is fine. Any guesses? Does anyone know how to run the codes on the new dash/gauge? Thanks

Old 05-03-2018, 05:10 PM
j_bee
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

On the left side switch gear you have the horn button. This switch is now a toggle switch incorporating the trip switch.
Directly above the horn icon is your trip icon.
Press and hold the top half of the button(trip icon) and then turn the bike on with the kill switch button. This will activate the "wow" test and then "diag" will be appear in your odometer display.

Be aware that holding the trip button for too long before turning the bike on with the kill switch will put the bike into accessories mode, just like the older ignition switches accessories position.

You then use the trip button to cycle through your modules and see what codes are showing.
Best not to clear any codes so the shop can see them, but holding the trip button down when the code is displayed would be what you do to clear them.

What colour engine light came on?
On the new models, the red light is now the engine management trouble code light and the amber light is related to emissions codes. Your owners manual will describe it better than I've written it.

Once you see the code it'll give you a better idea of what caused it.

Last edited by j_bee; 05-03-2018 at 05:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
catalac (04-30-2019)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:54 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by j_bee
On the left side switch gear you have the horn button. This switch is now a toggle switch incorporating the trip switch.
Directly above the horn icon is your trip icon.
Press and hold the top half of the button(trip icon) and then turn the bike on with the kill switch button. This will activate the "wow" test and then "diag" will be appear in your odometer display.

Be aware that holding the trip button for too long before turning the bike on with the kill switch will put the bike into accessories mode, just like the older ignition switches accessories position.

You then use the trip button to cycle through your modules and see what codes are showing.
Best not to clear any codes so the shop can see them, but holding the trip button down when the code is displayed would be what you do to clear them.

What colour engine light came on?
On the new models, the red light is now the engine management trouble code light and the amber light is related to emissions codes. Your owners manual will describe it better than I've written it.

Once you see the code it'll give you a better idea of what caused it.
thank you so much J_bee! Just got home. I’ll run it and see. I’m sure it has to do with the emissions and yes it’s Amber. I’ll post my findings. Thanks again for your help

Old 05-04-2018, 01:06 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Riverside Joe (05-04-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 07:34 AM
nschraeger
Intermediate

So the code was P0152 which is rear oxygen sensor high/ engine rich. Called my tuner and he said it might be a historic code from before the tune. Told me to clear it and see if it comes back after a long ride. It came back so she’s going back in. Not a big deal though. Thanks for all the help. It made 114tq and 102 HP on a humid 85 degree day

Old 04-30-2019, 09:48 AM
havinabubble
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by nschraeger
So the code was P0152 which is rear oxygen sensor high/ engine rich. Called my tuner and he said it might be a historic code from before the tune. Told me to clear it and see if it comes back after a long ride. It came back so she’s going back in. Not a big deal though. Thanks for all the help. It made 114tq and 102 HP on a humid 85 degree day
like you on came the yellow light 60miles into ownership.... took the bike back and they cleared the O2 error.

2019 street bob - TBR 2into1/ Screamin' Eagle Extreme Flow/Dynojet remap

Suggested that it was possibly caused by labouring the bike and because of the Stage 1 on it etc (no surprise as the little lady finds her way with her new fangled Harley, after a bit of a time out from two wheels)

Unfortunately I had only rode it about a mile when it came back on! and I wasn't labouring

now booked in to have the sensor replaced (or a possible remap)

*P0151Rear 02 Sensor Low (lean)

to access the codes, as above: left side switch gear you have the horn button. This switch is now a toggle switch incorporating the trip switch.
Press and hold the top half of the button(trip icon) and then turn the bike on with the kill switch button. This will show a scrambled display and then "diag" will be appear in your odometer display.

You then use the trip button to cycle through your modules and see what codes are showing:

DIAGECM Y{hold trip for 4 secs}P015hEndPn 001596-01ECM Y

Last edited by havinabubble; 04-30-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:11 PM
Christopher Page
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get any resolution with this problem? Having the same issue on my '18 Lowrider, dealer can't seem to fix, going back in this Friday.

Last edited by Christopher Page; 09-17-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:08 AM
havinabubble
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Page
Did you get any resolution with this problem? Having the same issue on my '18 Lowrider, dealer can't seem to fix, going back in this Friday.
ANOTHER re-map resolved ours...

Old 09-18-2019, 03:43 AM
Christopher Page
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by havinabubble
ANOTHER re-map resolved ours...
I will tell the dealer this friday, thanks for the update.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:27 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Just popping this up , it might help someone.

Peace.

Quick Reply: Identifying/clearing codes on 2018 street bob