Sponsored by:

New Harley Incentive

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 12:14 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,721 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
dude; I was riding before most of today's Harley riders dreamed of it, back when owning a Harley was special. Before rub on tattoo and Department store showrooms took over.

Now, many who buy Harleys think it makes them a "Biker" just cuz they watch SOA. Nothing but respect for the Real guys, one thing I have learned, don't put anyone down for there ride. It's not the bike that makes ya.

I still do like Harley but more for what it was than what it's become. That's not a put down, just my view based on years on the road.

your friend that has the BMW Bagger bought that bike for what it does for him, not to make anyone else like him.

He simply knows that he has a bike that's capable to do whatever he wants, that generally, he's got the baddest bagger going when it comes to performance, handling, brakes and comfort. Style is subjective but I don't ride for style.

Wishing Harley and there customers all the best. Hopefully the motor company ups it's game and focuses a bit more on function and quality over style so I can return as a owner.

By the way; your view of BMW riders is so off base. They never trailer there bikes, they ride long and hard, most work on there own ride, they talk about what actually works best, they share tips on maintenance, there experience at the race track, camping. Many ride alone cuz they prefer it that way, most have been riding a long time, have enjoyed many bike brands including Harleys. They don't put others down for riding something different than they do.
I baited you. You know that right? Don't feel like you have to keep justifying yourself here on this Harley site. 160 horsepowers!
Funny thing is I don't even have a BMW friend named Roger. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to make fun of the Harley enthusiasts with their rub on tattoos and trailers.

Cause I think we all get it by now. Your bike is superior and so are you...biker

Seriously though, why do you keep gracing us all with your presence? If it's not just to take one more opportunity to tell us all AGAIN how great that bike is and how Harley is in a downward spiral, what else could be the reason?

Last edited by lp; 05-06-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:36 PM
cster8888
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bingo!

This $1500 is factory. You could still negotiate a big dealer discount and then add this on top. My guess $3500 overall would be possible. Maybe more. Especially 17 models.

This simply is a indication that Harley has more bikes than customers. The motorcycle market in America is weak and Harley is getting hurt. In addition to the market downturn, Harley is facing strong competitive pressures. I'd bet that we see significant changes to the 19 touring lineup. The current touring bikes don't really compete with those available from other brands.

time will tell if I'm right, I'm wishing them the best. After 28 years of Harley ownership I switched to a new BMW K1600B or Bagger. 6cyl putting out 160hp along with a bunch of great features, it's a blast to ride.
I did exactly that on a 2018 Tri Glide Anniversary "Oh by the way I got this in the mail" LOL ! 1,500 off

Old 05-06-2018, 01:28 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,797 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Ain’t that some $hit. Less than 2 months after I buy my 2018 RGU, they come out with a $1500 rebate.

The following users liked this post:
sectime (05-09-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 01:40 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
I baited you. You know that right? Don't feel like you have to keep justifying yourself here on this Harley site. 160 horsepowers!
Funny thing is I don't even have a BMW friend named Roger. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to make fun of the Harley enthusiasts with their rub on tattoos and trailers.

Cause I think we all get it by now. Your bike is superior and so are you...biker

Seriously though, why do you keep gracing us all with your presence? If it's not just to take one more opportunity to tell us all AGAIN how great that bike is and how Harley is in a downward spiral, what else could be the reason?
He probably tells his BMW friends he was a 28 year Harley owner and they look up to him.Every year GMC, Chevy and Ford offer rebates on new trucks,Sometimes you just have to move production to keep jobs going.In the end the buyers get a break.

Last edited by tbob; 05-06-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:38 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by lp

yes you did and I took the bait this has not been about me, nor is it about my bike. When the thread went down the road of Harley sales and reasons for incentives, I was simply making the point that they are looking sales to competitive brands, offering bikes that really deliver.

Sincerely hope the motor company ups it's game. They have great styling, sound, paint and chrome. They have the largest dealer network, and social riding group.

They also have the best aftermarket devoted to there bikes.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:13 PM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
Ain’t that some $hit. Less than 2 months after I buy my 2018 RGU, they come out with a $1500 rebate.
I bought one less than 2 weeks ago..now that’s some $hit

Old 05-06-2018, 06:50 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,244 Posts

dude; I was riding before most of today's Harley riders dreamed of it, back when owning a Harley was special. Before rub on tattoo and Department store showrooms took over.

Now, many who buy Harleys think it makes them a "Biker" just cuz they watch SOA. Nothing but respect for the Real guys, one thing I have learned, don't put anyone down for there ride. It's not the bike that makes ya.

I still do like Harley but more for what it was than what it's become. That's not a put down, just my view based on years on the road.

your friend that has the BMW Bagger bought that bike for what it does for him, not to make anyone else like him.

He simply knows that he has a bike that's capable to do whatever he wants, that generally, he's got the baddest bagger going when it comes to performance, handling, brakes and comfort. Style is subjective but I don't ride for style.

Wishing Harley and there customers all the best. Hopefully the motor company ups it's game and focuses a bit more on function and quality over style so I can return as a owner.

By the way; your view of BMW riders is so off base. They never trailer there bikes, they ride long and hard, most work on there own ride, they talk about what actually works best, they share tips on maintenance, there experience at the race track, camping. Many ride alone cuz they prefer it that way, most have been riding a long time, have enjoyed many bike brands including Harleys. They don't put others down for riding something different than they do.
But you like hanging out with us, lol!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Jay_FLHXS
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
Agreed... I just made my 2nd payment.... Oh well. At least I got a good rate for 72 months.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Pcobb4033
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder how I can go about getting the $1500 incentive. Call Harley customer care?

Old 05-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 829 Likes on 496 Posts

Could you please teach the BMW guys a proper road wave, it's kinda natural except for the beemer guys.

Quick Reply: New Harley Incentive