Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for the 4th engine in my 2017 CVO Limited... here we go again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Rick S
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
I have not personally seen any of them but Heatwave claims to have one and so do several others around the country. I have to believe there is something to it, as it's coming back from several different people. IMHO in typical MoCo fashion they will just call it running changes and it has nothing to do with engine sumpping when or if they come out to the general public.
That is interesting, I hadn't heard that yet. Maybe they will have it sorted out by the time the 19s come out and the transfer issue as well. Thinking of updating to a new road glide, but I never buy a bike or boat in the summer - lets get into the depths of late January or February as dealers are more willing to discount.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 06:53 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
No, there are many others with even more, that's the said part of all this. I truly believe they are hoping to get these bike out of warranty and dump it onto the owner and let them worry about it when they know damn good and well it's there issue. Think about it, if there is no problem as they say, why is there new cases to fix what isn't a problem? They should supply each and every M8 owner new cases or a FREE extended warranty to cover this mess for ALL 2017 and 2018 model year owners!
I've been saying that all along Steve. so you are of the same mind set that its a case/casting issue more so than an oil pump issue - or a combination of the two? some one said a racing oil pump was the fix - Im thinking that will evacuate/cycle the oil to quickly causing "heat" issues or worse - hell I don't know if the engine design would even let a race pump flow properly to evacuate & then you have a bigger issue? would this be a correct thought process?

Old 06-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,231 Likes on 3,611 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

Syn3 in all 3 holes for engine #4 (same as engines 1, 2, & 3). I really don’t get guys that want to switch oils from what the MoCo researched and designed for their engines, but to each his own. I have no interest in a lengthy oil debate so please don’t expect a response from me if thats where the next post takes this discussion. I stick to the owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s service intervals and use the oil developed and sold by the company that makes the engine it runs in. Its a very simple equation for me when it comes to oil.
Cuz they ain't as good as the aftermarket stuff and they cost too much?

Old 06-15-2018, 01:05 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Way back I suggested it could be the effect of airflow within the crankcase,exacerbated by the turbulence off the crankshaft and balance weight.All I got was some rude reference to Aliens! How difficult would it be for the company engineers to strap a known 'under pumper' to the bench with some Windows and Peephole cameras to actually witness how the crank case oil is flowing,or Not?

Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,628 Likes on 3,212 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Quinn
Way back I suggested it could be the effect of airflow within the crankcase,exacerbated by the turbulence off the crankshaft and balance weight.All I got was some rude reference to Aliens! How difficult would it be for the company engineers to strap a known 'under pumper' to the bench with some Windows and Peephole cameras to actually witness how the crank case oil is flowing,or Not?
Sounds doable, but you would need very high-resolution cameras.

The aliens are tiny.