Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BA-E to 169-S,,, Way over did it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 09:50 AM
KrustyKush
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 287 Posts

I spent a lot of time going to school in Norman, OK, and always rode my bikes there, exploring the area on weekends. Out there, a fabled highway interchange is what counts as a great road.

If you ever get to SoCal, ride up to Mt Palomar. Me and the pax did that yesterday. Highway 79 from Temecula is mighty fine, curvy with scenery, but you can't look at it because the curves demand your attention. Then down towards Oceanside, but divert up to Palomar. 14 miles up over one of the finest set of curves anywhere, and, get this, almost no traffic! I bet we saw maybe five cars and a half-dozen other bikes in 28 miles of demanding turns.

Riding the 2018 FLTRU, two-up. The bike is a heavyweight dream. After 200 miles of curves, we were sick of them. Back home, I had to go out to the garage a couple of times to sit and admire this motorcycle. It is really something.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:31 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by KrustyKush
I spent a lot of time going to school in Norman, OK, and always rode my bikes there, exploring the area on weekends. Out there, a fabled highway interchange is what counts as a great road.

If you ever get to SoCal, ride up to Mt Palomar. Me and the pax did that yesterday. Highway 79 from Temecula is mighty fine, curvy with scenery, but you can't look at it because the curves demand your attention. Then down towards Oceanside, but divert up to Palomar. 14 miles up over one of the finest set of curves anywhere, and, get this, almost no traffic! I bet we saw maybe five cars and a half-dozen other bikes in 28 miles of demanding turns.

Riding the 2018 FLTRU, two-up. The bike is a heavyweight dream. After 200 miles of curves, we were sick of them. Back home, I had to go out to the garage a couple of times to sit and admire this motorcycle. It is really something.
Yeah riding in central and western Okiehoma is a snore. The eastern 1/3 and into Arkansas and south eastern MO. is fantastic. I lived in SoCal from 75 to late 79 or early 80. Was a long time ago. The riding and driving was some of the best in the world.

In a hour or so the wife and I are going to pile on the King and run east on I-40 into eastern Ar. Go north on old hwy 71 to just south of Fayetteville Ar. Then jump on some real graggy two lanes and head west toward Tahlequah, Ok and then into Muskogee, Ok. to celebrate birthdays / fathers day. Then ease on back home this evening. Will be a 300 mile plus day with a good mixture of slab and twistys.