Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   M8 sumping issues are fake (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1242698-m8-sumping-issues-are-fake.html)

desertwolf 07-09-2018 12:57 AM

M8 sumping issues are fake

According to dealer. In two years they've never seen or heard of a single sumping issue. Says it made up internet forum BS.

johnnynitro 07-09-2018 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by desertwolf (Post 17497284)
According to dealer. In two years they've never seen or heard of a single sumping issue. Says it made up internet forum BS.

We must go to the same dealer !

Gunnysgt 07-09-2018 04:51 AM

I've been a member of this forum 9 years now and I gotta tell ya that every time Harley releases something new some folks may experience an issue with that newly released bike. Problem is if you read this forum you start to believe that every stinkin bike made that year all have these issues. Fact is that it does get blown way out of proportion often and it's actually only a few out of thousands. I have owned 4 M8 bikes with both the standard 107 and the CVO with the 117 and have never had a sumping issue or do I know anyone else personally that has had that issue. I too can only assume it happens from what I've read here. If you read this forum long enough you begin to think that all M8 equipped bikes are doomed for failure. Truth is that just ain't so....just my 2 cents.

tbob 07-09-2018 06:39 AM

I like how you drag the perish in and look down from the hill top.just wait they are coming!

martin10 07-09-2018 06:42 AM

LOL. I can say that my dealers service manager said they have not seen a case of sumping. And I believe him. Because he has always been very honest about the other issues like trans fluid transfer, TC lifter failures and etc. He is also aware of every service bulletin I have ever asked about. So not every dealer is "they all do that" or "never heard of that"

jpooch00 07-09-2018 07:25 AM

Thank you Mr. Trump. Now we can move on to the "They never actually landed on the moon" forums. I heard that the "Flat Earth" guys have a lot to say there, too!

Keithhu 07-09-2018 07:51 AM

I'm doing my best to spread the word. Every time it happens to me, I'm near a different dealership.

So at least three dealerships can no longer say "we've never heard of that before."

iHodor 07-09-2018 08:12 AM

Mine essentially said the same thing. Yet there is a service bulletin out on it. Lying? For some reason didn't get the memo? Something else? Hmmm

VDeuce 07-09-2018 08:15 AM

Two possibilities :
  1. They are clueless
  2. They are lying
Either way that's a dealer I'd avoid. They have product and image to sell.

Kyle Moore 07-09-2018 08:21 AM

I think it was probably happening a lot to the first run of bikes with the original design pump. I have 10,500 miles in mine, I’m voiding my warranty this week. I’m over being scared. Hopefully I’m not eating crow later but I know several people with M8 bikes and no ones had any of the issues that appear on this forum, other than the clutch switch on my bike, which is a small issue, and H-D came out with an updated part. It seems to me when you step back and look at it for what it is when an issue pops up H-D comes with an updated component. The only thing that perplexes me is how is it possible that people have had multiple engines sump and replaced when so many other people have never had this issue!? Like heatwave, how is it even possible for all of the issues he’s had to happen and he’s going on like what, 4 engines now? He must be cursed or something cuz he can’t get 500 miles out of a engine. It seems to happen to certain people or something I dunno. I’m at the point where I think riding style may have something to do with it, a lot of people like to have their bikes at 4500rpm riding bar to bar, a bad first design oil pump, and the internet blowing things out of proportion all have lead to every other post on this forum being about sumping. I think that the engine should be able to handle riding like that though don’t get me wrong, but its possible the engineers didn’t originally consider people would ride like this. 😂 My bike will probably sump tomorrow now that I’ve said all this 😂