Sponsored by:

I gave "The Fix" to the MOCO today

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,542 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by ekb55
The important issue is to have the problem documented PRIOR to the warranty period ending. Once documented and attempts have made to remedy by Harley and the issue continues, I would think that it would still be covered.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

You're a good man $tonecold. Hopefully this good karma will be returned to you

. I've never seen so many people hate a company that builds a product they continue to use ..
You have just discovered the unwritten mission statement of this forum

Seriously though, the heritage and legacy of Harley Davidson is what most people love, the way the motor company is run from top of corporate to to the guy that mops the floor at the local dealer could use a lot of improvement. It can't be easy to hold onto 100 year old traditions and compete in today's business world, but it seems to me as a whole they are doing a **** poor job.

In the case of the M8 on forums such as this one, you have to sort out the people with actual documented problems from the ones that just like to pile on the misery and if you did the math even though the numbers seem large the percentages are actually kinda small

Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 AM
Glock-45
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
You're a good man $tonecold. Hopefully this good karma will be returned to you

You have just discovered the unwritten mission statement of this forum

Seriously though, the heritage and legacy of Harley Davidson is what most people love, the way the motor company is run from top of corporate to to the guy that mops the floor at the local dealer could use a lot of improvement. It can't be easy to hold onto 100 year old traditions and compete in today's business world, but it seems to me as a whole they are doing a **** poor job.

In the case of the M8 on forums such as this one, you have to sort out the people with actual documented problems from the ones that just like to pile on the misery and if you did the math even though the numbers seem large the percentages are actually kinda small
I Agree.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,086 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
You're a good guy to give away something you worked hard to fix. That being said ,in order for them to accept your fix they'd have to admit that there's a problem to begin with and we all know how well the moco avoids that. Nice work either way.
Their marketing team would simply tout the kit as a " shift enhancement option" to avoid ANY connection with a possible design flaw.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (07-24-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,749 Likes on 6,894 Posts

They guy simply posted that he contacted Harley about his fix and the haters of Harley come out of the woodwork. I've never seen so many people hate a company that builds a product they continue to use even though there are many other manufacturers out there for them to choose from. Life is short, quit complaining and move on, repeating the same old whining gets old. It's just a damn motorcycle.

Thank you for contacting Harley $toncold.
Yeah you beat me to it. I cannot figure out why so many want to trash the MoCo, the dealers and all involved yet ride the product.

I used to be into offshore performance boats. Man if you want to talk problems and EXPENSE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ go there! Yet we paid the price because it was FUN. Nothing like heading out the inlet in Jacksonville turning south toward Daytona at 80 MPH and constistantly launching off those rollers at the right frequency. Same with my Harley, it brings far more enjoyment than problems.

Thanks Cold and nice work.

strat10 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:36 AM
Bobjv
Cruiser
Received 87 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Yeah you beat me to it. I cannot figure out why so many want to trash the MoCo, the dealers and all involved yet ride the product. Thanks Cold and nice work.
It's like being pissed off at your kids but you still love them.

psyshack (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

They guy simply posted that he contacted Harley about his fix and the haters of Harley come out of the woodwork. I've never seen so many people hate a company that builds a product they continue to use even though there are many other manufacturers out there for them to choose from. Life is short, quit complaining and move on, repeating the same old whining gets old. It's just a damn motorcycle.
"They all do that"

Old 07-22-2018, 10:22 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I agree. One of the whiners here is an older-timer crying in his beer in another discussion wishing for the old days of riders working on their own bikes. Yep, he is compaining about today’s Harley engines wishing for the days when Harley’s marked their parking spot by the puddle left behind.

Shesh, riders need to ride. Whiners need to get off the computer and find a bar.

Beary

Old 07-22-2018, 11:54 AM
the griff
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one $tonecold. From the otherside of the pond

Old 07-22-2018, 12:09 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Yeah. I don't get it either. Hate the MOCO but won't buy anything else. Several of those types on this forum.