Sponsored by:

Wireless tyre pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 04:20 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Wireless tyre pressure monitor

I have been using a T P M S monitor for a few months.Magic little add on controller with wireless,on the move,sensors fitted to the valve stems.It displays actual front and rear tyre pressures and temperatures.It shows a flashing and audible alarm for high or low pressure,outside of user custom setting range.Great tyre and life saving,no hassle device.
Sticks on in any position with Velcro patch or whatever.Usb rechargeable system pulls it through multiple rides.
Really worth looking out for!

Old 07-21-2018, 09:22 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

I been using the FOBO monitoring systems for years now love them they offer great info and will help get better and longer tire wear.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 AM
patrikr
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got FOBO for the bike I bought a couple of months ago. Works really well and wish I had known about it earlier.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM
intrepidxc
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Everything I've read says that systems like FOBO shouldn't be used on rubber valve stems. I haven't bought one but plan to once I need to change tires when I'll switch to metal stems. Is anyone running one of these systems on the rubber/plastic stems?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:40 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

I did 10K miles with FOBO on stock stems. On my RGS I am using the cheap Amazon on kinda like OPs. Like a display permanently on the bike, not phone.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:34 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by intrepidxc
Everything I've read says that systems like FOBO shouldn't be used on rubber valve stems. I haven't bought one but plan to once I need to change tires when I'll switch to metal stems. Is anyone running one of these systems on the rubber/plastic stems?
Buried in the instructions is a disclaimer about using the FOBO on rubber valve stems. Their lawyers probably had them bury in there.

Given that the structure of rubber valves degrade over time and over travelled distance, use of sensors on such rubber valve can cause a leak or tire blowout that leads to a sudden loss of control of the vehicles which subsequently leads to an accident and serious injuries. For the safety of all users, FOBO strongly recommends use of sensors only with metal valves.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

I just ordered a set of FOBO's, I keep my phone on my bars for pandora radio so I would rather have the phone app and not have to mount a separate display for the pressure. Reviews seem very good so I hope it's a solid product.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:18 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,788 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I got the ORANGE TPMS and love it.......I dont trust those screw on types!!!
http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/..._m203.html#top

Old 07-22-2018, 02:46 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts
Smile Rubbers Spoil the Fun

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Buried in the instructions is a disclaimer about using the FOBO on rubber valve stems. Their lawyers probably had them bury in there.

Given that the structure of rubber valves degrade over time and over travelled distance, use of sensors on such rubber valve can cause a leak or tire blowout that leads to a sudden loss of control of the vehicles which subsequently leads to an accident and serious injuries. For the safety of all users, FOBO strongly recommends use of sensors only with metal valves.
No warning on my box! Trying to wrap my head around what they refer to as rubber valves.Other than the steel tube type connected to to and patched onto the tube,most have rubber stems.Even the Tubeless rims use a rubber insert but they all have steel insides and threads?
Would have thought the perishing rubber types would need this warning device more,but I've been wrong before!
Reason I bought mine was,we were on a long rural ride just passing through the last town for miles,when my buddy's pressure drop alarm went off.Nail through the tyre and no replacement.luckily we could stop and get it plugged!
M.J. this is for you?Two bikes double the odds.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:46 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 999 Likes on 495 Posts

Been running the FOBO for about a year and really like it, metal stems by the way. I don't use the app to monitor it constantly though. Really bought it because I'm lazy - proper tire pressure is important on a bike, but no way in hell I'm getting my fat butt on the ground to check tire pressure even weekly much less daily or each stop. The FOBO does it for me. I check the tire pressure before we leave and then I close the app so it doesn't drain phone battery. Do the same at gas stops and it takes a whopping 2 seconds if that. Battery drain may not be an issue with the latest updates, but it was a fairly common complaint about a year ago for those that left the system open to actually monitor pressure while riding. I don't leave the app open or use a brand with a digital readout because I want to enjoy my ride and there's enough crap to pay attention to on a bike without something else to obsess over. If I get a slow leak I'll likely feel it on the road or find it at a gas stop and be able to stop safely to address it. If it's a catastrophic failure there's no monitoring system that's gonna make a difference. Even if I'm wrong then I guess I'm just in the same boat as the millions of guys out there riding with no system at all, knock on wood.

Quick Reply: Wireless tyre pressure monitor