Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Reality

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Clicking on the sumping threads these days has become like my rineharts...exhausting. I don't even bother anymore.

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (07-27-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 09:30 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
Haters gonna hate ,.
Hate what? I like my m8. I wish the damn thing was indestructable. But like anything man made it isnt. Is the m8 a good or bad motor? Only time will tell. Its too early to determine eitherway. What we do know already is that SOME have had issues with it. Some havent. Doesnt mean the ones that did are bsing. Just because someone post problems there having with there m8 doesnt mean they are haters.

Honestly im glad you like your m8 and that you havent had any problems with it. I also hope you never do. I wish they all ran perfect. People who spend 20 to 30k on a bike usually arent gonna go online and make up bad **** about it. I would even venture to say most will make up excuses for it when it has problems to justify there purchases.

Last edited by hollandhunter; 07-26-2018 at 09:32 AM.
jd05flhtci (07-27-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 09:42 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

https://youtu.be/Rm57U2SUYaE

Like I've said all along most reports here are BULLSCHIT!
You are all getting worked up about something a guy who keeps a link to jamesrusselpublishing as part of signature. Seriously, first he warns you that his IQ is low and then you get peeved at the other drivel he espouses.

Of course he does have some "internet" proof of what he says, so I included "internet" proof that the world is flat.
https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/flat-e...earth-is-flat/

The following 3 users liked this post by PFWiz:
lp (07-26-2018), MTBIG G (07-26-2018), secular (07-28-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Well my 2 cents, not a hater, but pretty disappointed. Waited a year, read a lot, made the move on 18 tri-glide made in Feb of 18. Four weeks in and it sumped and started missing. With the miles i had ride to get to the dealer it was able to pump the oil back out of the crank. the miss was caused by a plug wire coming loose. Picked it up on Tues a week ago, got around 45 miles before it sumped again. Back to the dealer, 20 min later they let me know they were going to pull the engine apart. They got myself and my daughter a ride home (80 miles), so kudos to SMHD. So there it is waiting on a decision from hd. I imagine that that there is an issue in there somewhere, service bulletin (m1450) has a procedure well documented.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:45 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Well my 2 cents, not a hater, but pretty disappointed. Waited a year, read a lot, made the move on 18 tri-glide made in Feb of 18. Four weeks in and it sumped and started missing. With the miles i had ride to get to the dealer it was able to pump the oil back out of the crank. the miss was caused by a plug wire coming loose. Picked it up on Tues a week ago, got around 45 miles before it sumped again. Back to the dealer, 20 min later they let me know they were going to pull the engine apart. They got myself and my daughter a ride home (80 miles), so kudos to SMHD. So there it is waiting on a decision from hd. I imagine that that there is an issue in there somewhere, service bulletin (m1450) has a procedure well documented.
Your making that bs up. Hater. Haha

Old 07-26-2018, 11:03 AM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Like I've said all along most reports here are BULLSCHIT!
Since you apparently can't understand english, let me show you two photos that explain what transfer means. The first photo is my primary oil at 3000 miles. The second photo is my primary oil at 4000 miles (after 1000 miles, in case you can't do math either) The Primary oil has turned red from the Redline in the Transmission. Now, is that too difficult for you to understand?

VDeuce (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 01:15 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts

Not hater either, and purchased a 2017 M8 RK with 13k miles. First 200 new to me miles have been awesome! My brother had a sump/stage 4 kit take a **** so who knows what the issue is. His has been fixed for over 7k miles and he beats the **** out of it trying to get it to sump again. No further issues.

Wmitz (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 07:03 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

The "reality" is whatevers parked in your garage. Good or bad it wont influence whats parked in mine. The cat is out of the bag on sumping and Transfer, no need to come on here and cry about it like its some badge of honor. its your bike deal with it already.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:17 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
The "reality" is whatevers parked in your garage. Good or bad it wont influence whats parked in mine. The cat is out of the bag on sumping and Transfer, no need to come on here and cry about it like its some badge of honor. its your bike deal with it already.
Then I guess there is also really no need for someone to post up some dealer tech jabberwocky's video and then call BS on the reported problems folks are having. I think most folks are just responding to babblecookie/meatball's dribble.

The following 2 users liked this post by oleboy:
jd05flhtci (07-27-2018), MTBIG G (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 07:20 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
Then I guess there is also really no need for someone to post up some dealer tech jabberwocky's video and then call BS on the reported problems folks are having. I think most folks are just responding to babblecookie/meatball's dribble.
agreed!

Quick Reply: The Reality