Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like only 3 M8 CVOs for 2019.... 2 versions for each model

Old 08-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
What it will do is kill the 107 like they did with the 96 to 103. You can't give away a 96 motor. The 107 could be the next boat anchor.
One of the reasons I kept mine when I purchased the '18 SGS. My 96 TC has a Stage I and a race tuner. The M8 is stock (and will remain that way). Two different motors, both fun to ride with enough power to keep me happy. As for the MoCo making a 114 available for the Specials - I guessed as much when I contemplated waiting for the 19's. However, I saw the 19' color chart and decided the current Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake was what I wanted to look at for the next several years.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:59 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
One of the reasons I kept mine when I purchased the '18 SGS. My 96 TC has a Stage I and a race tuner. The M8 is stock (and will remain that way). Two different motors, both fun to ride with enough power to keep me happy. As for the MoCo making a 114 available for the Specials - I guessed as much when I contemplated waiting for the 19's. However, I saw the 19' color chart and decided the current Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake was what I wanted to look at for the next several years.
Just noticed that every single model of 2019 Harleys (Trikes, Touring, Softails, Sportster, Street) will now be offered with a "stage 1" option from the factory according to the CARB certification sheets. Might be a bigger story going on for the 2019s. Maybe a wide-band O2 sensor self-tuning ECU option that can accomodate any engine upgrade configuration while ensuring it meets 50 State EPA compliance??? Should be interesting when they announce the 2019s next week.

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (08-16-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,408 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Just noticed that every single model of 2019 Harleys (Trikes, Touring, Softails, Sportster, Street) will now be offered with a "stage 1" option from the factory according to the CARB certification sheets. Might be a bigger story going on for the 2019s. Maybe a wide-band O2 sensor self-tuning ECU option that can accomodate any engine upgrade configuration while ensuring it meets 50 State EPA compliance??? Should be interesting when they announce the 2019s next week.
This is nothing that they have not offered for the past 5 years! The Stage kits are dealer installed NOT factory installed. CARB just put the Stage 1 kit listed under the same OEM certification. Again, same old, same old deal, nothing new.

Eccool (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
This is nothing that they have not offered for the past 5 years! The Stage kits are dealer installed NOT factory installed. CARB just put the Stage 1 kit listed under the same OEM certification. Again, same old, same old deal, nothing new.
(Nothing hear to see, move on people, keep it moving. )
Seriously though, I really hope they fix their issue's, I don't want to ride the same bike for 100,000 miles or really don't want to swap brands, got too many HD shirts for that. LOL

Old 08-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,135 Likes on 6,209 Posts

No official release and the crying is already starting. Pathetic!

Eccool (08-15-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 03:57 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
So why certify Stage 1 vs Stage II, III or IV? And what is the definition of Stage I? On the HD website Stage I has a different list of products depending on the model. Is a Stage I in your opinion just the addition of a tuner or do you view it as air cleaner + exhaust?

Old 08-14-2018, 04:09 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,501 Likes on 4,413 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

So why certify Stage 1 vs Stage II, III or IV? And what is the definition of Stage I? On the HD website Stage I has a different list of products depending on the model. Is a Stage I in your opinion just the addition of a tuner or do you view it as air cleaner + exhaust?
ALL of Harleys Screaming Eagle marketing documentation states it the same tuner, air cleaner and exhaust

Old 08-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
No official release and the crying is already starting. Pathetic!
all pure bullship. Dealers know replese date that's about it.....we have a real clown on here that really has no clue he gets smoke blown up his skirt from the dealer hoping he'll just go away. Lol

Old 08-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by mjwebb
ALL of Harleys Screaming Eagle marketing documentation states it the same tuner, air cleaner and exhaust
According to the HD Website, the Street 500 and Street 750 have the Stage I listed as the SE tuner and cable only.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
all pure bullship. Dealers know replese date that's about it.....we have a real clown on here that really has no clue he gets smoke blown up his skirt from the dealer hoping he'll just go away. Lol

Pretty funny. Blowhard scootandcower just can't resist replying to those on his so-called "Ignore List". Just proving how much of knucklehead he is each time he replies. LMAO! Let's see how fast scootandcower peaks at his ignore list once again!! Since you're peaking once again, I haven't spoken to any dealers. Just commenting on the data listed on the CARB list. Maybe you should do some homework instead of puking on every thread you enter. Try contributing something instead of blowing all the bad breath wherever you go.

Last edited by Heatwave; 08-14-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looks like only 3 M8 CVOs for 2019.... 2 versions for each model