Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 04:10 PM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts
Default One Year Later

New to me in 2017

One year later
One year later, well almost. I did a comparison of my bike when I bought it in September last year to now.

Since new I have added a few things. I had the Mustang seat from my 2012.

Detach tour pack kit. Pieced together through Amazon. Cost was half what it would have cost through HD.

Custom Dynamics Fillers and saddle bag lights. I bought these over the winter and had to wait months before I could install them in the spring.

Khromewerks +2 Narrow Sweepers. Did the install myself. Saved a ton of $$. Dealer wanted $800.00 to install.

Taller Windshield to deal with buffeting. It worked.

Chrome pieces here and there.

Highway pegs. Finally got the highway pegs I went into the dealer for originally a year ago and ended up with a new bike.

Air Cleaner. I recently added the Screamin Eagle air cleaner because I wasn’t partial to the OE air cleaner.

I just did the last full service which included new oil in all 3 holes. 15,000 kms of trouble free fun. Doesn’t burn a drop of oil. No detectable transfer. The only issue was the clutch switch issue. Had that fixed under warranty. Oh yeah, new rear tire 1k ago. I’m happy to have a Michelin Commander II on there again. The front OE is hanging in there but I’m sure it will be changed out early next spring to a matching Michelin. The miles sure pile up when you're having fun.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Nice upgrades, looking good!

Old 08-16-2018, 12:14 AM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Good looking bike! I like what you’ve done with her.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZac

New to me in 2017

One year later
One year later, well almost. I did a comparison of my bike when I bought it in September last year to now.

Since new I have added a few things. I had the Mustang seat from my 2012.

Detach tour pack kit. Pieced together through Amazon. Cost was half what it would have cost through HD.

Custom Dynamics Fillers and saddle bag lights. I bought these over the winter and had to wait months before I could install them in the spring.

Khromewerks +2 Narrow Sweepers. Did the install myself. Saved a ton of $$. Dealer wanted $800.00 to install.

Taller Windshield to deal with buffeting. It worked.

Chrome pieces here and there.

Highway pegs. Finally got the highway pegs I went into the dealer for originally a year ago and ended up with a new bike.

Air Cleaner. I recently added the Screamin Eagle air cleaner because I wasn’t partial to the OE air cleaner.

I just did the last full service which included new oil in all 3 holes. 15,000 kms of trouble free fun. Doesn’t burn a drop of oil. No detectable transfer. The only issue was the clutch switch issue. Had that fixed under warranty. Oh yeah, new rear tire 1k ago. I’m happy to have a Michelin Commander II on there again. The front OE is hanging in there but I’m sure it will be changed out early next spring to a matching Michelin. The miles sure pile up when you're having fun.
Like those bars.....97% of us have the same issues ....miles keep piling up. Lol

Old 08-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Firenailer
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks good! What are you using to keep those rims shining like that?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:46 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

So I assume the bars are 2” taller and pull back 2”closer? What about the wrist angle?

they look like they might just fill a need for me -been riding my 2010 for years with Yaffe 14” mini-apes rolled back to me a bit.... just can’t get comfortable with the stock bars on my 2018....

Old 08-16-2018, 11:49 PM
UltraZac
Tourer

Originally Posted by Firenailer
Looks good! What are you using to keep those rims shining like that?
Thanks. I just use soap and water on the rims and dry them the best I can so I don't get waterspots.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 AM
M8USA
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 233 Posts

still looking good, what size windscreen did you install.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:20 AM
UltraZac
Tourer

Originally Posted by vaham
So I assume the bars are 2” taller and pull back 2”closer? What about the wrist angle?

they look like they might just fill a need for me -been riding my 2010 for years with Yaffe 14” mini-apes rolled back to me a bit.... just can’t get comfortable with the stock bars on my 2018....
Yes, they are 2" taller and 2" pull back. The wrist angle is pretty close to the stock bars. Very comfotable for me. I'm not resting the heels of my hands on the grips now. Way more comfortable on long trips. Got rid of the pain I would get between my shoulders in my upper back. I think beause they put me in a more neutral position. They did take some getting used to though, in slow speed turns. It took me quite allot of reading reviews and measuring before i decided on these. Lots of insight on the forum. Only issue, the holes for the wires were not big enough for the internal wiring so it took abit of grinding with a dremel. Made the internal wiring easier. Also bought the 10" extension which made the whole job a lot easier. Big + was, they were not too expensive. If I recall total cost with extensions $200.00 CDN.

The following users liked this post:
vaham (08-17-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 12:29 AM
UltraZac
Tourer

Originally Posted by M8USA
still looking good, what size windscreen did you install.
I went with the 12" HD shield. If I slouch I am looking through the shield. If a sit up straight I'm looking over the shield. I had a 12" shield on my last Ultra so I expected that.

Quick Reply: One Year Later