Sponsored by:

Design changes in the 2019 cases?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:00 AM
psoff
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
In another age this was ban-able. I'm no forum moderator but read the forum rules there bud. It's one thing to argue and even name call, but that was a little over the top there friend.
Totally agree...Thank you for the reply

Old 01-07-2019, 05:49 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

It's all in here. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/searc...rchid=45452351

And I stand by what I said you are.
You've been caught out lying mate,that's just how it is.

Last edited by badcooky; 01-07-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:10 PM
psoff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by badcooky

And who really cares what you have to say or stand by. Your choice of words already show how low class you are. Not to mention you for sure have some serious anger issues. Good luck in life buddy

Last edited by psoff; 01-07-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:57 PM
psoff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by badcooky

You've been caught out lying mate,that's just how it is.
And I didn't lie about anything, I have no reason to lie.. You just dont know the full story and THINK you know everything. And after how you talked to me like you did you dont deserve my time to explain all of it. I'm pretty much done with you. You are a joke

Old 08-11-2020, 02:47 PM
BeenLoyalfrm83ButWhy
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, Accept Ownership. Ain't no f'n millionaire

Originally Posted by sixguns
I am not sticking up for the MoCo , Like everyone I pay big bucks for these bikes and they should perform as advertised, But if they dont, I can "accept ownership" and fix it myself or bitch about it. Weather it be a design flaw, a band-aid or whatever, makes no matter to me. I'm grateful there are ways for me to address the issues.
So, I have a '17 Road King. Oil pump went out at 14k miles. I accepted ownership and decided it was time to do a Stage II. Had the local dealership do the work. Went with Feuling High Performance Oil Pump, Feuling Cam Chest, Red Shift 468 Cam, bought Cometic MLS gaskets 'cause everybody knows the stock composite gaskets suck, Rinehart Moto Inverted Air Intake and Rinehart Racing True Duals ( I know, shoulda done a 2 into 1) already had the Rinehart mufflers. After about 500 miles of riding after the build, I get blown head gasket on rear cylinder. Come to find out the dealership reused the original case studs and bolts. Trying to verify that the case studs are spec'd one time use lifespan. I know the case bolts are. Fueling literature states the stock studs are. Dealership originally said they'd only replace the rear gaskets since just the rear went bad. Said hell no, see ya in court. Called me the following Monday to say they would fix both jugs. Anyway, bought new Cometic MLS gaskets and sprung $500 for Feuling Cylinder Stud and Head Bolt Kit. Again, after about 500 miles of getting gaskets replaced, I found that I was getting lots of oil spewing over the right side of bike / saddle bags. Took it to dealership and they stated this was just something that came with the aftermarket air intake. Rode to KC (around 200 mi) and checked oil there. Down a quart within around 1100 miles of getting service work done, which I am sure they would have topped off fluids. Took back to dealership. Just called the other day to inform me that the case stud pulled out same spot as before. This leads me to believe the re-used case stud pulling out previously caused damage to the threads in the case. Dealership is acting like it isn't their fault for the f'd up work. Said they contacted HD Milwaukee and they said tough ****, as I would expect them to do. It's not corporate's fault the dealership failed to do the job correctly. So, after accepting ownership of the bike and doing a Stage II with what I believed to be the best components available - to the tune of around $6k, unless I sue somebody, I am stuck with a $24k, 895lb yard ornament, 'cause I ain't no f'n millionaire that can just drop another $6k or more to get new cases and get the bike rebuilt. There's just so much taking ownership of the bike before I gotta question why I have been a loyal harley rider since the early 80's. I'd sell this P.O.S. and buy a Goldwing, but I don't think I'll be able to get anything out of it.

Last edited by BeenLoyalfrm83ButWhy; 08-11-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2022, 12:49 PM
Crankee Yankee
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I'm curious as to what the seal is designed to accomplish - allows the pump to create more vacuum so it draws the oil out better?
Im in the process of rebuilding one of these now & am wondering the same thing as you.. the s&s pump that was installed had the groove but no seal, and i'm trying to sort out if i need or even want it... i have stopped these from pissing oil out of all the crevices but none of it was solved by modding the oil system, its all in how you manage the negative & positive crankcase pressures and volumes as they transfer internally.. its funny to me how the M8 has more volume for air in the crankcase to transfer than the TC. by miles, lol

Old 03-11-2022, 01:08 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Crankee Yankee
Im in the process of rebuilding one of these now & am wondering the same thing as you.. the s&s pump that was installed had the groove but no seal, and i'm trying to sort out if i need or even want it... i have stopped these from pissing oil out of all the crevices but none of it was solved by modding the oil system, its all in how you manage the negative & positive crankcase pressures and volumes as they transfer internally.. its funny to me how the M8 has more volume for air in the crankcase to transfer than the TC. by miles, lol
Well, I was wondering about that 4 years ago.

Now we know that the M8 pump which went into production on 5/22/19 is very effective in preventing sumping. S&S will explicitly state that its pump is not designed to solve sumping. (for that matter Harley's pump makes no explicit claims but clearly it was developed in response). Anecdotally it seems like there are been more reports of sumping with the S&S pump than the latest M8 pump.

I think people just assume that because it is aftermarket it must be better and that's not always true.

Old 03-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,721 Likes on 6,885 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
My son wants a new Harley and I'm interested, but I want to see proof the Mo Co did something to the case to fix sumping. Another new oil pump? that's getting old. When it comes to a new Harley my son will listen to what I say, but he wants a Fat Bob, He loves the look of the new FXDR but he understands the price is to high on that model. So he is waiting on his dad to say yes or no on a 19.
I need to see proof. I love Harleys, but don't trust the Mo Co. We would rather stay with the Harleys we have now then switch brands. I hope something comes to light soon, one way or the other.

You are missing out on a great motor.