Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Switch Went Out This Morning

Old 09-17-2018, 09:04 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Stopped by my dealer saturday, parts are b/o till october. He did know about the bulletin and design changes of the new ones.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:00 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

I just called my dealer. And there on backorder. He did say he has the lever and clutch lever on order. I've kept mine working and for that I'm grateful.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:42 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

The dealer finally called about my warranty switch pack and clutch lever with repair happening Saturday it took 2 1/2 weeks for parts to arrive

Old 09-21-2018, 05:24 AM
billbrummett
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

I had 4 switched replaced before the redesigned one on my 17 Ultra. wasn't just about not starting in gear. the thing reached, loped, and danced at idle.. almost got me killed at Daytona last yr. it's connected some way to the ECM and screws up the idle when not working. ask for the redesigned lever when replacing.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:09 AM
jlbaker1962
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep mine went out on our trip to Vegas 2 weeks ago, got it home to the dealer and they say the moco knows about the issue and is on back order, should be in around Oct 21st

Old 10-07-2018, 08:43 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,061 Likes on 3,315 Posts

Mine just began to not start in gear with the clutch pulled in. Gonna call the dealer today.It starts in neutral though.I'm surprised OP's bike wouldn't run by starting in neutral? Unless I read his post wrong, it reads that it cant be ridden at all, even if you tied to start in neutral?

Old 10-07-2018, 10:59 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by stixvrad
Mine just began to not start in gear with the clutch pulled in. Gonna call the dealer today.It starts in neutral though.I'm surprised OP's bike wouldn't run by starting in neutral? Unless I read his post wrong, it reads that it cant be ridden at all, even if you tied to start in neutral?
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Thought I corrected that. The bike would start in neutral but would die when you pulled the clutch in. And also would not start in gear with the clutch pulled in. It's a double edge sword. I've managed to keep mine running by doctoring around on the switch. My dealer has the switch pack now. Still waiting on the idiot MoCo to get the clutch lever to them. The MoCo is a completely worthless Co. The dealer did offer to pull a updated lever off a new bike on the floor two weeks ago. I declined their offer as I was not riding it then, kidney stones had me down. And as long as I keep the switch flooded with w-40 it does just fine. We made the Parade Ride in Paris Tx. And had a good time. So we are just waiting for the most worthless motorcycle manufacturer in the world to get a clutch lever shipped to my dealer.

Also still waiting for the SOB's at HD to get the adjustable rockers and oil pump cover with seal shipped out I bought to see if the valve train noise issue can be dealt with. Dennis Kirk got the needed gaskets out and they set here waiting on HD as they stroke their ego and pud.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:53 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
they've replaced the early ones with updated ones..I have the new one on my 17 and wife is still stuck with the old one..they won't replace it until it fails while using DT in the shop
My clutch switch went south while in the dealers parking lot a few days ago. I mentioned it to one of the service writers and he said he would take it back and replace the switch etc. He also mentioned that the new replacements switches do include a new clutch lever as well. So, they must believe that the lever had something to do with failure. BTW, the new replacement parts includes all the buttons on the left side. Luckily, they had the parts in stock for a quick swap out.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:03 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I was at the dealer today and their were 2 other RGs there getting the clutch switches replaced. Yes,it also requires a newly designed lever according to the Service Mgr.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The new lever has a different ramp profile that is suppose to help keep the switch contacts working. Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch Switch Went Out This Morning