Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19 Scorched Orange

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 09:20 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

If some you fellows have never seen the unboxing of a new bike ,I'd humbly suggest you do . You could ask your local dealer when the next bike or bikes are to be unboxed , some of these bikes are just gorgeous upon being revealed brand new into the sunlight.
Just a thought.
Peace out.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM
BladeRun
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Agoober
If some you fellows have never seen the unboxing of a new bike ,I'd humbly suggest you do . You could ask your local dealer when the next bike or bikes are to be unboxed , some of these bikes are just gorgeous upon being revealed brand new into the sunlight.
Just a thought.
Peace out.
When my 19 scorched orange RGU was delivered, the technician that does all the work on my bikes took some pictures and sent them to me. Made my day! I had no idea the bike was being delivered, I was still expecting another month's wait.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:57 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by BladeRun
When my 19 scorched orange RGU was delivered, the technician that does all the work on my bikes took some pictures and sent them to me. Made my day! I had no idea the bike was being delivered, I was still expecting another month's wait.
Yes and that's what all dealerships should be doing I believe, keep the customer there in that moment of buying that shiny new bike, or it's progress from big cardboard carton to you there's a deeper affection for something you see born I believe.
Keep safe guys,peace.

The following users liked this post:
BladeRun (02-04-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Rode into work today! 170 trouble free miles so far. LOL!

BladeRun (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:08 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by IndianSummer

Loving the Magnaflow Hitman pipes!
That is what I got on mine, I have been told they make it sound like a V8. There is definitely a different sound than the twin cam but I really like it and these mufflers have a DEEP tone.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:10 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr

Rode into work today! 170 trouble free miles so far. LOL!
I got the tour-pak too. I hate that it didn't come with black hardware. I am thinking about powder coating them but not sure how that will look after a few open/close cycles.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I got the tour-pak too. I hate that it didn't come with black hardware. I am thinking about powder coating them but not sure how that will look after a few open/close cycles.
I totally through a fit at the Dealer. Made him call the Motor CO to see if there was any other way to order with black hardware. Nope! “To many part numbers to deal with”, they said.
Question is, what’s more money? To powder coat or buy new hardware?

Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 AM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr

I totally through a fit at the Dealer. Made him call the Motor CO to see if there was any other way to order with black hardware. Nope! “To many part numbers to deal with”, they said.
Question is, what’s more money? To powder coat or buy new hardware?
I bought the black parts kit and was able to quickly sell the chrome parts and recoup a good part of the purchase price - especially since the chrome parts are also brand new.

Sixgunjr (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 07:33 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JakeC7R
I bought the black parts kit and was able to quickly sell the chrome parts and recoup a good part of the purchase price - especially since the chrome parts are also brand new.
Where did you sell the chrome parts? I am considering this as I threw a fit with the MoCo on several occasions including blasting them on twitter and their linkedin account and they won't budge. It's pretty messed up that this "matching" kit doesn't match but at least I get a 12% VIP discount at my dealer so about $100 off the tour-pak and about $30 off the hardware kit. If I can recoup $100 out of the chrome I would be happy.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 AM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
Where did you sell the chrome parts? I am considering this as I threw a fit with the MoCo on several occasions including blasting them on twitter and their linkedin account and they won't budge. It's pretty messed up that this "matching" kit doesn't match but at least I get a 12% VIP discount at my dealer so about $100 off the tour-pak and about $30 off the hardware kit. If I can recoup $100 out of the chrome I would be happy.
I had them on this forum and the road glide forum and I sold them for $85 in a day. So pretty decent and not to far off your $100 - maybe someone would pay that.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/stock...nd-hinges.html

Quick Reply: 19 Scorched Orange