Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0152 again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 493 Posts

I would think that a leaky injector would throw a code well before 300 miles.
If the bike is running rich then you should be getting some back firing as the raw fuel will tries to exit the exhaust, also you should be getting a strong gasoline smell from the exhaust at idle, closed loop . Have a buddy ride behind you and see if he can smell fuel while you are in closed loop, cruise.
I got this great tool from Vance and Hines called Code Read, it's much more than a code reader. Load the ap on your phone, plug the reader in the diagnostic port and you have a window into the sensors on your engine. You can actually read, on your phone via bluetooth, the front and rear O2 sensors in action. The voltage will vary from .1 low lean to .9 high rich, ideal is .4. The tool is 99$ and has TDC's with explanations and possible fixes. Anyway you can monitor both O2 sensor voltages while you ride.

Last edited by Redrodyankneck; 09-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:22 PM
T Zimmerman
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No back firing or fuel smell from the exhaust. The bike is at the dealership now. I will let you know what they say. Thanks for all of the help.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by T Zimmerman
No back firing or fuel smell from the exhaust. The bike is at the dealership now. I will let you know what they say. Thanks for all of the help.
If the )2 sensor is good and there is no fuel smell then the ECU would be my next guess. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Gotta run Cat 5 is on the way and I'm leaving town brother.
Be off line till the storm blows over and who knows when things will get back to normal.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:20 PM
T Zimmerman
Novice

So a brief update on this saga. The dealer had my bike for 4 days and I didn't hear from them. I called them today and they said oh yeh your bike is ready. I go to pick up the bike this afternoon and I talk to the service advisor and he informs me that they reset the code, drove the bike for 5 miles and the code didn't come back so it was fixed. I was pissed. I have reset the code myself at least ten times and it doesn't come on for 200 to 300 miles. So four days to reset the code and drive the bike for 5 miles and then don't even bother to call me. I told them the bike is NOT fixed if this is all they did. The service manager hears me getting a bit upset and he comes over and tells me well we can't take the time to drive the bike 200 to 300 miles. I tell him, "No thats what I do and I'm telling you this is what is happening." Mind you the bike has been to their shop several times for this. They ran no diagnostics, did nothing other than push the button to reset the code. I was really angry but was trying to do my best to be patient. Just as I was ready to get on the bike in the service drive the kid come over and says they want to check something on your bike. He then takes it back to the garage and they are gone for an hour. The service manager then approaches me an hour later and says that he took the time to pull some diagnostics and he had an entire page of times I had to reset the CEL. He also said he called back to Milwaukee (guessing on that one) and they want him to do a "leak down test" and if that checks okay they might need to replace the ECM. All other systems apparently checked out okay. I wish they would have done this stuff during the four days it was there. So I had to leave the bike and have my son pick me up.

Harley really let me down on this one. I'm not a MoCo hater but his was pure bullsh!7. They just expected me to hop on the bike and go on my merry way. DO YOUR JOB HARLEY and fix your shi7. Treat your customers like you would like to be treated. .........Sorry for the long post.

The following users liked this post:
s-glide76 (07-15-2019)
Old 09-21-2018, 05:42 PM
T Zimmerman
Novice

Just got the bike back today. They replaced the ECM and checked all systems, which according to them all check out okay. We will see what happens.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:44 PM
T Zimmerman
Novice

Redrodyankneck how did you weather the storm? Hope all is okay.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

Redrodyankneck how did you weather the storm? Hope all is okay.
I was one of the lucky ones in my community, lots of others were left with flooded homes. Help has been strong as support to the victims as come from many sources. Clean up will take a very long time. My wife and I left the area just before the mandatory evacuation was issued and returned yesterday. Thanks so much for your concern, much appreciated.

It's great that the ECM was replaced and you are once again getting bugs in your teeth.

T Zimmerman (09-25-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 10:09 PM
T Zimmerman
Novice

Well the code came back again today. The same P0152 and now a U0003 and U0001 under the abs list. Bike went back to dealer. Getting real sick of this.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Ernie Chombok
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressman

Well the code came back again today. The same P0152 and now a U0003 and U0001 under the abs list. Bike went back to dealer. Getting real sick of this.
I have been having the same exact problem and wonder if you have come to a resolution yet on your bike? Check engine code comes on during decel and code P0152 says that the rear cylinder is running rich. The dealer's and Harley's solution was that I was riding the bike incorrectly and should keep the RPMs at 3,000. I was riding at 35 mph down hill in 3rd gear and the rpms were at 2500 they told me I should have shifted to 2nd gear but the bike would have either been screaming or lurch forward.

Does anyone have any suggestions. 2017 Road Glide Ultra Milwaukee 8 107 Bone Stock

Old 07-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Buster217
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 160 Posts

Telling you that you are riding wrong is the laziest, most incompetent thing a service department can do. I wouldn't want them working on the bike after that.

s-glide76 (07-16-2019)

Quick Reply: P0152 again!!!