Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:34 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

Ok installed, a little quieter then my old Scremin Eagle slip-ons. But they only have about 2000 miles. We;ll see if they get louder. the baffles are riveted in, so they can be removed.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have it installed on a 2018 Street Glide Special and now have a couple of thousand miles on it. A little deeper and a bit more torque with Stage 1. My last bike was a 2012 Street Glide with V&H Dresser Duals with V&H Monster Ovals.

The new bike sounds stock compared with the 2012 Twinkie, but it's sure easier on the ears on those long runs.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:20 AM
17Sglide
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound clip before or after you removed the cats?

Just wondering if this sound clip is before or after you removed the cats?

Originally Posted by redtwin
Here is a little sound clip of my SE High flow with street cannons

Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 AM
ekb55
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Think its important to remember that the poster wants comments from those who actually have the system.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:52 PM
trussmark
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased a 2019 Road King. I have had the Screamin' Eagle System intalled with the Street Cannon slip ons. I originally thought about changing out the slip ons once the system was installed, but I actually like the way they sound. I opted for the Auto Tune, and I think it may make the difference. My M8 sounds like it is carbureted on the up shifts, and even has the nice gurgle and pops on decel. That being said, the new system is nothing like the SE I had on my '02 Road King Classic. That system was loud and bold. If you're wanting a loud, rumble at idle, get the Neighbor Haters or Vance & Hines. Either way, remember that you have a cat in the stock header, so SE Street Cannons as your slip ons will ADD cats, not delete them, as they have catalytic converters in the SE slip ons. Only changing out the headers will lead to a possible cat-less system.

Last edited by trussmark; 12-18-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:56 PM
RichM752
Road Master
Received 371 Likes on 215 Posts

I believe the cats are in the mufflers, as opposed to the header pipe with the SE exhaust system. It sis also my belief the cats are smaller then the stock set up.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:59 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by trussmark
I just purchased a 2019 Road King. I have had the Screamin' Eagle System intalled with the Street Cannon slip ons. I originally thought about changing out the slip ons once the system was installed, but I actually like the way they sound. I opted for the Auto Tune, and I think it may make the difference. My M8 sounds like it is carbureted on the up shifts, and even has the nice gurgle and pops on decel. That being said, the new system is nothing like the SE I had on my '02 Road King Classic. That system was loud and bold. If you're wanting a loud, rumble at idle, get the Neighbor Haters or Vance & Hines. Either way, remember that you have a cat in the stock header, so SE Street Cannons as your slip ons will ADD cats, not delete them, as they have catalytic converters in the SE slip ons. Only changing out the headers will lead to a possible cat-less system.
this sounds confusing..stock headpipes have cats, the SE Street Canons that fit them are catless..the SE Full exhaust that comes with the Street Canons has catless head pipes and the cats are in the Street Canons..so your'e not 'adding', as you say, additional cats to their full exhaust system

The following users liked this post:
dcfatboy (12-30-2020)
Old 12-18-2018, 07:02 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Originally Posted by trussmark
The cannons that fit the stock headers do not have cats, cuz the stock headers have a cat. The SE head pipe is cat-less, and the SE mufflers for those do have cats.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:12 PM
redtwin
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 17Sglide
Just wondering if this sound clip is before or after you removed the cats?

This was after the cats were removed

Old 12-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 510 Posts

I rolled SE slip ons and high flow into a 2019 SG deal Saturday. I should have the bike Friday or the following week when I return from out of town. I’ll reply back then and include a sound clip.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers