Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

Another tranny victim

Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 PM
supernac

Originally Posted by RinTin View Post
MJ, it took all of what? 3-4 days before you downplay someone having an issue? Seriously? Not to mention you, the king of telling people they are off topic, post multiple off topics. Unacceptable, really unacceptable. Why HD forums doesn't band you is beyond me? Maybe your fan boy club?. Do note, it's you and the fan boys that are making HDforums lose members. People are literally afraid to post as you poke at everyone with a problem that has a question.. Ya, I am sure you have some slick comic video or comeback, but trust me, they just more so prove my point.
Seems obvious that it was a joke, a pretty good one at that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supernac For This Useful Post:
badcooky (01-07-2019), Johnny Goodlife (01-07-2019), Oz Dan (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 AM
2013superglideseattle
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by Spanish Cobra View Post

Took the bike in to have the low transmission fluid checked. Apparently it transferred 7 oz in 3000 miles. Dealership acted on tech article TA0022 and installed or replaced part# 36300028. Description doesn't mean anything to me. We'll see want happens.
One thing for sure I need to get my post numbers up in case I need to by "the fix" from Mr. $tonecold..
If you have decided to go with "The Fix kit", I have one that is for sale. I bought it from Mr Stone few months ago but decided to leave it alone and not do it. It is never been installed. Good Luck!

Old 11-29-2018, 03:02 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Took the bike in to have the low transmission fluid checked. Apparently it transferred 7 oz in 3000 miles. Dealership acted on tech article TA0022 and installed or replaced part# 36300028. Description doesn't mean anything to me. We'll see want happens.
One thing for sure I need to get my post numbers up in case I need to by "the fix" from Mr. $tonecold..
Just curious if the Harley deflector kit did the trick for you. You are at one post shy of being able to PM.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:12 PM
strych9
Club Member

Originally Posted by RinTin View Post
MJ, it took all of what? 3-4 days before you downplay someone having an issue? Seriously? Not to mention you, the king of telling people they are off topic, post multiple off topics. Unacceptable, really unacceptable. Why HD forums doesn't band you is beyond me? Maybe your fan boy club?. Do note, it's you and the fan boys that are making HDforums lose members. People are literally afraid to post as you poke at everyone with a problem that has a question.. Ya, I am sure you have some slick comic video or comeback, but trust me, they just more so prove my point.
Geez, lighten up, Francis. Were you abused as a child? A little humor does us all a little good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strych9 For This Useful Post:
Bumpandrun (11-29-2018), Oz Dan (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 05:57 PM
mchanu
Default Deflector install

FWIW. I had the deflector installed per the TA bulletin and I transferred fluid at 3 times the previous rate. So now after working with the factory techs and local dealer they drilled a separate vent into the back of the primary. Apparently this has been done in a number of motorcycles and the problem has resolved itself. So now instead of the primary venting through the transmission and out it will go directly to atmosphere. Intuitively it seems to make sense to me. Miles and more miles will tell.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Spanish Cobra

No this did not resolve the issue. Actually it made it worst. It lost 6 oz in just 300 miles. I have taken it back two more times since then. This last time I have only been able to ride less then 300 miles. They want 500 miles and then take it back to get it checked. Still under HD factory warranty. Have everything on file. Just letting them deal with it for now.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:24 PM
kevinckb3

No this did not resolve the issue. Actually it made it worst. It lost 6 oz in just 300 miles. I have taken it back two more times since then. This last time I have only been able to ride less then 300 miles. They want 500 miles and then take it back to get it checked. Still under HD factory warranty. Have everything on file. Just letting them deal with it for now.
Went through same with my 17 . Put in stonecolds fix about 20k ago not one drop of transfer and those miles were in extreme conditions. Best mod Iíve done as Iíve got no worries when I go out and ride

Old 11-30-2018, 04:47 AM
Oz Dan
Senior Rider

Originally Posted by Max Headflow View Post
Probably don't need to harden, Any steel with a better modulus of elasticity will do, good carbon, nickle, or chromoly. Might need to harden 1 end but I doubt it's needed.
Pretty much Greg’s Response minus a few expletives as to keyboard ******* etc. has anyone ever heard of a single instance of a Williams pushrod not fixing transfer? I haven’t. And a bike with 10,000 trouble free miles which was a basket case maybe backs up the proposition.....time will tell I guess.

Last edited by Oz Dan; 11-30-2018 at 04:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oz Dan For This Useful Post:
sarge-glide (12-06-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 06:38 AM
Redrodyankneck
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mchanu View Post
FWIW. I had the deflector installed per the TA bulletin and I transferred fluid at 3 times the previous rate. So now after working with the factory techs and local dealer they drilled a separate vent into the back of the primary. Apparently this has been done in a number of motorcycles and the problem has resolved itself. So now instead of the primary venting through the transmission and out it will go directly to atmosphere. Intuitively it seems to make sense to me. Miles and more miles will tell.
Where exactly do they drill the vent hole in the primary? Is it in the case and what do they put on the hole to keep crud out?

Old 11-30-2018, 06:55 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

I have a Fix kit for sale in the parts section. I installed it one evening, then I saw the actuator recall the next day, plus the weather was rainy and 36-42 degrees and I didn't ride for a week. I ride a lot of interstate, so with 80-85 mph, I need another gear. Going with a DD7 tranny, so I took it all apart, so don't need it, so it's for sale. Save your self some coins, save your tranny, save me from piling up more crap in my garage, LOL....

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: