Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S big bore kit 124!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 12:06 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Along with a better pump and plate in the S&S kit. The cylinders are different manufactures. The S&S cylinders are made in the USA and it's stated so. The other cylinders that a lot of the venders are pushing are not. Having a hard time finding exactly where over seas but it isn't in the USA. You also get valve springs, seats and seals, and billet anti rotation blocks

Old 02-15-2019, 12:12 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Where do you guys send cylinders for machining to zero deck height? Just find a local shop or send to a well known shop that can do it?

Old 02-15-2019, 12:43 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Where do you guys send cylinders for machining to zero deck height? Just find a local shop or send to a well known shop that can do it?
I think any good machine shop could do it, but Steve Cole told me to have the excess trimmed from the bottom of the cylinders, so it would probably be better if they have a CNC. If I need it, I'm doing a 117" using stock cylinders over bored, I will more than likely take it to Patrick Racing. Heads too, if they need to be planed to adjust the combustion chambers. He's done some work for me and he does good work. I'm shooting for an 11:1 static compression. I'm still trying to decide what to do for a throttle body, but I'm leaning toward stock with the new SE manifold. I hope that Steve will have his dyno set up about the same time I get this done so that we can test some cams. Should be interesting!

The following users liked this post:
OldMike (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 01:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
But how about over all numbers between the Fuel Moto kit and the S&S kit? Is it worth the extra money for the cam plate and oil pump?

Mike
The overall numbers themselves would be relative to the components used, both kits offer really good performance increases; results depend on the peripherals that are used in each overall combination. As far as the piston/cylinders; the FM kits use a custom proprietary piston by CP Carrillo, for cylinders we have used several different suppliers for M8 cylinders, all of very good quality. Our current 124/128 cylinders are now supplied from a single channel and a preferred manufacturer we work closely with, a great company not far from us based out of Viola, WI.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 2 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
lyork (02-15-2019), MTBIG G (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Our current 124/128 cylinders are now supplied from a single channel and a preferred manufacturer we work closely with, a great company not far from us based out of Viola, WI.
I give up! Who could it be?

Old 02-15-2019, 03:52 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
But how about over all numbers between the Fuel Moto kit and the S&S kit? Is it worth the extra money for the cam plate and oil pump? Mike

Originally Posted by $tonecold
On the other hand, Fuelmoto is already lower on price and they do have really good support after the sale which you won't get at the other three vendors.
As mentioned by $tonecold, You just can't beat Fuel Moto's support. Hands down, undisputed, they are the absolute best aftermarket company to work with. Their products are all top notch and will put a smile on your face. If you have issues, call them. They actually care after the sale. You won't find that anywhere else or at least I haven't been able too. The best part about them in my opinion, is they are a one stop shop company. I buy all my critical components from them. And guess what, it's been tried and tested by Fuel Moto. It makes modification that should be fun stay fun...

Last edited by RinTin; 02-15-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:49 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
As mentioned by $tonecold, You just can't beat Fuel Moto's support. Hands down, undisputed, they are the absolute best aftermarket company to work with. Their products are all top notch and will put a smile on your face. If you have issues, call them. They actually care after the sale. You won't find that anywhere else or at least I haven't been able too. The best part about them in my opinion, is they are a one stop shop company. I buy all my critical components from them. And guess what, it's been tried and tested by Fuel Moto. It makes modification that should be fun stay fun...
Wow, wipe your chin. I'd bet if there was a FM kit thread and people kept bringing up S&S's kit. Jamie would be sending pm's to his advertising liaison all day long.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also just wondering if anyone will be at Daytona doing installs.... As well as any special pricing...

Mike

Old 02-23-2019, 10:51 AM
baz70
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is the Dyno sheet on my bike. I finally had a day off to go check it out and take it for a ride. 158 ft-lb and 123 hp. I went for torque on the build, and it paid off.. She's got some grunt.. tire melting, speedo mashing, arm stretching fun.

The following 5 users liked this post by baz70:
Ditty77 (03-03-2019), madmat (02-23-2019), MTBIG G (02-23-2019), OldMike (02-23-2019), TomBe (11-01-2020)
Old 02-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,603 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Originally Posted by baz70
Here is the Dyno sheet on my bike. I finally had a day off to go check it out and take it for a ride. 158 ft-lb and 123 hp. I went for torque on the build, and it paid off.. She's got some grunt.. tire melting, speedo mashing, arm stretching fun.
Thanks for the sheet. I just received the tracking number for my 124 kit yesterday. Did you put in new valve springs? If so what did you use?

Quick Reply: S&S big bore kit 124!!!!