Sponsored by:

AIM Light Force Review & Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:51 AM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornel
Much easier to pull the lever and now there is actually a friction zone. Bonus is that I don't have to take the bile in for the clutch recall anymore.
Is this noticeably / significantly improved?

I ask because I see / hear a lot re: force and engagement-point. I’ve move to Oberons to solve my engagement-point issue and personally don’t have issue with the required force on the pull.

Is there significant improvement to be found in the range of the friction-zone?

Old 03-18-2019, 08:19 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Just want everyone to know I just rolled back in from Daytona where like a sucker I road in traffic about 95% of the time and must have pulled the clutch in at least 20,000 times...
The AIM actuator is the best mod I've done to a newer Harley ever. Ever. The friction zone is wide and starts about a half inch off the grip and lasts to about a half inch before fully extended (end stop).
Feathering the clutch was a breeze and for a week I got to watch my buddy with the same bike next to me jerking, popping, and about stalling his OEM setup while I just cruised through those 20,000 stops and starts like a pro.

Worth it's weight in gold. BTW, I have the 2019 new spring damper seat and the MCC fat pushrod installed as well. No issues with anything.

The following 3 users liked this post by lp:
Old Sport (03-18-2019), rideon (03-18-2019), RinTin (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 08:39 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Just want everyone to know I just rolled back in from Daytona where like a sucker I road in traffic about 95% of the time and must have pulled the clutch in at least 20,000 times...
The AIM actuator is the best mod I've done to a newer Harley ever. Ever. The friction zone is wide and starts about a half inch off the grip and lasts to about a half inch before fully extended (end stop).
Feathering the clutch was a breeze and for a week I got to watch my buddy with the same bike next to me jerking, popping, and about stalling his OEM setup while I just cruised through those 20,000 stops and starts like a pro.

Worth it's weight in gold. BTW, I have the 2019 new spring damper seat and the MCC fat pushrod installed as well. No issues with anything.
I installed my aim Light Force on Thursday and I 100% agree with everything you said!

The following users liked this post:
Old Sport (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 09:31 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Sport

I ask because I see / hear a lot re: force and engagement-point. I’ve move to Oberons to solve my engagement-point issue and personally don’t have issue with the required force on the pull.

Months before the recall, out of desperation I installed the Oberon clutch lever and it was a friction zone improvement but still not perfect. I received the recall notice and in talking with the dealer we did some fancy math and determined the my turn for the factory recall would be somewhere in May based on how many kits they were getting. I purchased the AIM Light Force and had it installed and with the combination of the two I could not be more pleased, even two of the mechanics are going this route after testing my bike. It is an expensive way to get things back like they should be, but to me worth it.

Old Sport (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Sport

Yes, the friction zone is significantly improved compared with the stock setup. The force needed to operate the clutch lever is reduced also.

Old Sport (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Old Sport
Club Member

Received 1,361 Likes on 599 Posts

Sounds like a good investment... On my list - thanks!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:02 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Doing mine soon do you have to drain tranny or primary to install AIM ? Thanks bob

Old 03-19-2019, 05:13 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
Doing mine soon do you have to drain tranny or primary to install AIM ? Thanks bob
Nope, the only fluid involved is brake fluid from the clutch reservoir.

rscott (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 05:14 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

If your trans is slightly overfilled and the bike upright you may weep some fluid but it's easily cleaned up.

rscott (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 05:28 PM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

No, you do not. You just have to remove the transmission side cover and the clutch line.

rscott (03-20-2019)

Quick Reply: AIM Light Force Review & Tips