Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM Light Force Review & Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 PM
edmroadglide
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

i just had mine installed the other day after waiting the winter to do it, dealer was decent and did it in lieu of the warranty recall (they had no parts!) and man!!!!! when i first pulled i thought! WTH!! i was almost afraid to ride the darn thing thinkin it would not work. But i am diggin this, i have an issue with bursitis so taking the heat of those muscle groups was required and this will do it, shifts so nice, neutral so nice, i have no complaints so far. Dealer did mention the throw though (think thats what its called) less then the .86 or what ever it is, but they did all the tests they are supposed to do and it passed with flying colors, told me to keep an eye on it and if any issues they will put the OEM one back in with the recall done for just the labour, good dealership good system!

The following 3 users liked this post by edmroadglide:
250starbuck (04-20-2019), rideon (04-13-2019), sportglide (04-19-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 09:53 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
So I called AIM today and spoke to them about my issue. Apparently, this is the first that they are hearing of this. He's going to look into it further on his end to see what else the problem might be.
I told him that I'll monitor the situation tomorrow as I'm going on a all day ride. If the situation stays the same they'll send me a replacement unit but want the old one so that they can investigate to see what might be causing it.

Bob - definitely keep us posted on whether bleeding the line helps you any.

Thanks.
Illinois weather has prevented me from bleeding and riding hoping to get to it next couple days did you hear back from aim I may give them a call also

Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 AM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

I didn't hear back from them and never bothered reaching out either. I decided to just go ahead and install the Oberon levers and be done with. The friction point is exactly where I want it now.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 11:34 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

I have done 4 now.....my own has 3000 miles already and nothing changed. I will say first one took me 45 min to bleed( not new to bleeding brakes,clutches and other hydraulics). But make sure handle bars turned full right and don’t let the little white tab in master get uncovered with fluid....it will pull a touch of air and it’s back to square one. Be careful now this is dot 4 fluid and will eat paint. Clean up good when done. Spray glass cleaner is your friend around brake fluid. Than do your final wax/ polish later.
To be honest it’s been the best and most noticeable modification I have done to and m8 other than camshafts..... I also have never had to take care exhaust off...only loosen.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 12:50 PM
BoneGlide
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
I didn't hear back from them and never bothered reaching out either. I decided to just go ahead and install the Oberon levers and be done with. The friction point is exactly where I want it now.
Dark Knight, just so I understand are you saying that the level of effort did not change, just the engagement Point went out further away from the grip?

Old 04-19-2019, 05:09 PM
sportglide
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

3 thousand miles later the AIM is the best upgrade I have EVER made to ANY motorcycle

The following 3 users liked this post by sportglide:
Bumpandrun (04-19-2019), RinTin (04-21-2019), southerncannuck (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 06:27 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneGlide
Dark Knight, just so I understand are you saying that the level of effort did not change, just the engagement Point went out further away from the grip?
Yup, that's been exactly my experience. Lever effort was still significantly reduced but clutch engagement point went back to where it was before I put the AIM in.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:48 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Has the AIM Light Force units recently been redesigned to be an exact replacement, (the hyd line does not need to be altered)? Have been seeing 2 versions, the short and now the longer boss for the hyd line. Not sure if different models or redesigned.
Thanks

Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 AM
bigcraig
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The AIM gen 2 has the longer boss. It supersedes the older model.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:33 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
I have done 4 now.....my own has 3000 miles already and nothing changed. I will say first one took me 45 min to bleed( not new to bleeding brakes,clutches and other hydraulics). But make sure handle bars turned full right and don’t let the little white tab in master get uncovered with fluid....it will pull a touch of air and it’s back to square one. Be careful now this is dot 4 fluid and will eat paint. Clean up good when done. Spray glass cleaner is your friend around brake fluid. Than do your final wax/ polish later.
To be honest it’s been the best and most noticeable modification I have done to and m8 other than camshafts..... I also have never had to take care exhaust off...only loosen.
We finally had a break in weather today (YA!) so I was able to take mine out here in VT for 100 mile ride. I wonder if what people are noticing is that the engage is just off the bars, but extends pretty much to the end of the reach. It's definitely 40% less effort, but I think I can see how someone might think the action has moved, as it is using just about the whole lever action except for the very end. (if that makes any sense).

Don't get me wrong, not complaining, still by far the best mod ever!

Quick Reply: AIM Light Force Review & Tips