Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM Light Force Review & Tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 06:46 PM
edmroadglide
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

mine is first gen and it works great!!! would not go back to OEM unless i really had to but i hope not.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:01 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
Bud my apologies as I had clearly overlooked how self important you are...... 👍
dam straight glad you got it

The following users liked this post:
royston (05-06-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 PM
rscott
Road Captain

Originally Posted by edmroadglide
mine is first gen and it works great!!! would not go back to OEM unless i really had to but i hope not.
glad yours is functioning well hope it continues to do so.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:58 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
glad yours is functioning well hope it continues to do so.
Just a thought buddy, but did you need and/ or have the clutch slave recall done?
Hoping a replacement unit sorts it for you.....another thought the AIM will lighten and an oberon will moe the location perhaps a combo of the two to sort the issue?
Cheers

Old 05-07-2019, 05:42 PM
rscott
Road Captain

Got my email from Alex at AIM today I am sending my unit back to them for inspection and as soon as they receive it they are sending me a replacement. This is totally acceptable to me. I can ask no more they are standing behind their product and taking care of customer concerns. Bob

The following 2 users liked this post by rscott:
JakeC7R (05-07-2019), JimmyDee (05-08-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:41 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Got my email from Alex at AIM today I am sending my unit back to them for inspection and as soon as they receive it they are sending me a replacement. This is totally acceptable to me. I can ask no more they are standing behind their product and taking care of customer concerns. Bob
Great! I am very interested to see what they find. Appreciate the update.

The following 2 users liked this post by JakeC7R:
JimmyDee (05-08-2019), RinTin (05-08-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Greg Di
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I put the LF in a couple of weeks ago. Right after bleeding, the pull was super light and instant engagement. Rode 15 miles and the pull got much harder and engagement point was not as crisp.

Although I bled it correctly, this was a very odd change of events. Granted...I have Energy One clutch plates and an AIM VPC (and its springs) and a fat rod so my drivetrain is far from stock. The pull without the LF was brutal. It's better now but the initial pull before I rode it was insanely light and I would kill to get it back.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:03 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

My AIM LF was Dealer installed by their master tech whom I personally know and trust. My pull was super light and right off the bar when I got it back. Now 524 miles later, the pull and force are both back to where it was stock. At first I thought it was just me getting use to it, but my buddy and I swapped bikes and he couldn't tell any difference between his bike and mine, nor could I on his ride which doesn't have the AIM. His bike is a 2018 as well.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM
JohnTz
Cruiser
Received 129 Likes on 44 Posts

That makes sense that the friction point goes back to stock but the pull force should stay reduced and the length of the friction zone should be longer and stay that way as well. All that the AIM does is require more fluid to move the larger piston so the force is reduced and the amount the lever has to move is increased to deliver the larger fluid amount to move the larger piston. Is they force went back to stock there is some stiction issue somewhere.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

I hope you have better luck with the second one. Personally, I'm not willing to go through the trouble of having a new one installed. While they offered to replace my unit for me it's the cost of the re/re and inconvenience that I can't be bothered with. Hence the Oberons...

Quick Reply: AIM Light Force Review & Tips